|This article does not cite any sources. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||University of the Future|
|Established||18 June 1993|
|Chairperson||Dr Chirayu Isarangkun Na Ayuthaya|
|President||Professor Dr Vilas Wuwongse|
|Colours||Yellow , Red , Blue|
Asian University (Asian U), formerly the Asian University of Science and Technology, was founded in 1993, initially with the academic co-operation of Imperial College London. It is an international university using English as the language of instruction for all programs. Asian University is on the eastern seaboard, a 30 km drive from the seaside resort of Pattaya and two hours from Bangkok.
The privately owned university was founded when Lord Oxburgh, then rector of Imperial College, London, signed the memorandum of understanding (MOU) in Bangkok to provide support for Asian University. Sir Edward W. Parkes, KBE, one of the UK's foremost academics, played an important role as chairman of the academic advisory board as Asian University took on its final form. The founding chairman was H.E. Anand Panyarachun, Hon. KBE. The school first opened its doors to students in 1998.
The undergraduate programme that will start in August 2015 is as follows:
- Bachelor of Arts in Digital Content (B.A., Digital Content). This programme has three concentration areas:
- Digital communication
- Digital content and animation
- Digital content, game design
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Services (B.B.A., Business Services). Its five concentration areas:
- Culinary arts and restaurant management
- Hospitality and hotel management
- International business
- Bachelor of Science in Technology and Engineering Management (B.Sc., Technology and Engineering Management). Four concentration areas:
- Facilities management
- Project management
- Technology management
- Telecommunications and network management
In addition to the undergraduate programs, the university offers English training for Thai school teachers using the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).