|Hatyai City College|
|Chairman||Madam Praneet Didyasarin|
|President||Asst. Prof. Dr. Wittawat Didyasarin Sattayarak|
|Location||Hatyai, Songkhla, Thailand|
|Colours||Red, White, Blue|
Hatyai University (Thai: มหาวิทยาลัยหาดใหญ่) is a private university located in Hat Yai, Songkhla province, Thailand. Founded in 1997, the university currently offers undergraduate programs through its seven faculties: business administration, law, Education and liberal arts, science and technology, Political Science, communication arts, and Didyasarin International College. Its graduate school also offers in education administration, business administration programs and doctoral programs.
Hatyai University is the first private university in Southern Thailand. It was previously named Hatyai City College and was established on 9 April 1997 by Madam Praneet Didyasarin, the founder and the licensee of Hatyai Amnuaywit School Group. With her hard effort and experience of over 40 years in educational administration, together with a qualified management team and staff, the Ministry of University Education Affairs then promoted Hatyai City College to university status on 30 May 2003. Since its first day, the University kept sight of its vision to create and maintain the highest-quality academic standards and its aim to be a leading private university in Thailand and a university of research and learning.
Hatyai University has been granted the legitimate college entitlement on April 9, 1997. The grand opening of Hatyai City College on His Excellency of Ministry of the University affairs Montree Danpaiboon. He issued a license to Ajarn Praneet Didyasarin, founder of HCC, on May 8, 1997 at the University Affairs' Conference Room to establish HCC as a university. The officiation was held on April 20, 1999. The chairman was Mr.Chuan Leekpai who was the former prime minister.
License Granting Ceremony
Since the first day of establishing Hatyai City College in 1997, we keep going to create the educational development with our aim to be a leading private university in Thailand. With hard effort, the University currently receives the university status and is continuing its development to be the University of Research and Learning.
On 4 June 2003, the university license granting ceremony was held by the Ministry of University Affairs chaired by Prof. Voradej Chandarasorn, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of University Affairs who granted the university license to Madam Praneet Didyasarin, the Licensee. The institutional status was officially changed from Hatyai City College to Hatyai University. There were many honored guests participating in the ceremony, such as Committee of Private Higher Education Institution, members of Hatyai University Council and press representatives.
Hatyai University is one of the fastest growing private universities in Thailand by with an increasing number of students. The University began its operation with only 180 students taking the class in 1 faculty with 3 curricula. After 4 years since its inception, Hatyai University has more than 3,000 students. Currently, the University is offering 14 curricula operated in 5 faculties. The University with its primary aims on the academic standard is thus fully accredited by the Ministry of University Affairs. Our graduates, therefore, are full of ability to facilitate the social development with their honor and equivalent to the graduates from the government universities.
The most important achievement of our university is the continuing development of the educational administration especially the quality of the graduates as the motto "Quality of graduates is our goal". Thus the quality assurance plan is officially established. Furthermore, the University keeps working hard to achieve the university status in 2003-2004.
- Establishment of Hatyai City College and the first faculty was Faculty of Business Management offered 1 curriculum; Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA.) (4-year program) in 3 fields; Management, Accounting and Marketing.
- There were 182 students
- The 1st strategy plan of university development was set up (1997-2001)
- Faculty of Business Management offered 2-year program in 1 curriculum (Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA.) in 3 fields: Management, Accounting and Marketing.
- There were 847 students (increased 665 students from 1997).
- Official Foundation Ceremony of Hatyai City College was conducted on 20 February 1999 by the Prime Minister, Mr. Chuan Leekpai to preside over the ceremony.
- The Faculty of Business Management offered 2 fields (4-year program and 2-year program); Business Computer and Human Resources Management.
- There were 1,808 students (increased 961 students from 1998).
- The Faculty of Law was founded to offer the new curriculum; Bachelor of Laws (LLB.)
- HU 1st Graduation Ceremony was launched for the students who graduated Continuing program in Faculty of Business Management.
- There were 2,417 students (increased 609 students from 1999).
- The Faculty of Liberal Arts was founded to offer the new curriculum; Bachelor of Arts (BA.) in Business English program (4-year program).
- The Graduate School was founded to offer the new curriculum; Master of Education (M.Ed.) in 1 field; Educational Administration.
- There were 3,205 students (increased 788 students from 2000).
- Memorandum of Understanding Signing Ceremony was conducted between Universiti Utara Malaysia and Hatyai University.
- Official Signing Agreement of Establishment of Authorized Sun Education Center (ASEC) was conducted between Microsystems and Hatyai University. It is the first center in Southern of Thailand having its goal to be the center of producing the Java programmers.
- Implementation plan of the quality assurance was set up.
- Implementation plan of the university development was set up for the 2nd period (2002-2007).
- Faculty of Science and Technology was founded to offer the new curriculum; Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) (4-year program) in 1 field; Information Technology.
- There were 3,651 students (increased 446 students from 2001).
- Joint hosted with the National Education Committee and Universiti Utara Malaysia for the International Conference on the Challenge of Learning and Teaching in a Brave New World (CoLT 2002). There were over 200 administrators and academic officers from 22 countries around the world participated in this conference.
- Hatyai City College obtained the changing of the university status to be Hatyai University.
- There were 4,138 students (increased 487 students from 2002).
HU's emblem is the Shield with the title of HU underneath and a torch on top. Inside the Shield, are a Ma Hat Tree, book and the wheel of life.
The meaning of HU's symbolic
- Wheel of life It is the symbolic of Dharma or the doctrine of the Buddha and goodness. HU realizes the dharma that is necessary for students to live peacefully in the society.
- A Torch It symbolizes lights of wisdom and success. HU strives to instigate students' thoughts to become the lights of wisdom.
- Book A book center of knowledge that empowers the students’ wisdom and thoughts.
- Mahad Tree It symbolizes a big tree in the Hatyai’s legend that originates from the hearsay of ancestors in Hatyai.
Hatyai University Colors
- "Blue" Brave and Strength
- "White" Purity, Virtue and Ethics
- "Red" Love, Harmony and Devotion
The meaning of the color schemes as a whole: HU helps Thai Southern youths realize the importance of learning and facilitate them in learning seriously in order to develop the quality of life and environment in the society.
HU’s vision is to be the leading private university in Thailand to go international and produce professional graduates for the good of society.
Hatyai University is determined to contribute and respond to the needs of the country by producing the high-quality graduates and research. Our mission is also to extend academic services to communities, preserve of Thai arts and culture under effective administration and participative management, together with applications of modern innovations and technology.
Learn how to think
Learn how to uphold moral values
Learn how to be successful
Meaning HU is not only an institution that provides higher education to the community but it also emphasizes that its students carefully utilize their thoughts, knowledge, and ability in a righteous light.
The Thinker stands in front of the second building to reflect the university's philosophy. It was Rodin's masterpiece which was inspired by Michelangelo and was famous in the Renaissance period.
Hatyai University’s Programs
Hatyai Business School (B.B.A.): 4-year Program & 2-year Continuing Program
- Business Computer
- Human Resource Management
- Service Industries
- Retail and Franchise Business Management
- Thai for Business Communication
- Education in Thai (5-Year Program)
- Education in Social Studies (5-Year Program)
- Art and Design
- Pop Music (5-Year Program)
- Society Development
- Information Technology
- Public Health Program in Community Public Health (B.P.H.)
- Politics and Government
- Public Administration
- Local Government
- International Relations
- Communication Arts
- Digital Media
- Bachelor of Education in English (5-Year International Program)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Chinese (Bilingual Program)
- Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Industry (Airline Business) (Bilingual Program)
- M.Ed. (Curriculum and Instruction) Master of Education Program in Curriculum and Instruction
- M.Ed. (Educational Administration) Master of Education Program in Educational Administration
- M.P.A. Master of Public Administration Program in Public and Private Management
- Master of Business Administration Program
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching Profession Program
- Doctor of Philosophy Program in Business Administration
- Doctor of Education Program in Educational Administration
Modern Facilities in Excellent Environment
- Interactive Digital Classroom (New)
- Modern computer center and internet center
- Library with multimedia services
- Modern laboratory
- Mock court
- Sound lab
- Student Union
- Geo-Informatics Laboratory
- Classical music chamber
- Sport Center and Student Union
- U Studio / U Radio 101.25 MHz
- Prayer room
- Multimedia Production Lab
- MOS and Prometric Testing Center
- Student One-Stop Service (SOS)
- Shuttle service and car service
- Post office
- Mock Up cabin crew
Student Welfare Services
- Scholarships and financial assistance
- Scholarships are awarded to students with outstanding athletic abilities and students with good academic records as students who have extraordinarily contributed to the good reputation of the University
- Government student loans
- Work-exchange scholarships
- The Madam Praneet Didyasarin Scholarships for foreign students
- Counseling service and job-seeking service
- Personal insurance (accident)
- Off-campus dormitory services
- Health center, etc.
- Central Retail
- CPF Trading
- Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau
- Darunsartwittaya School
- Assumption University
- ADAM College
- Equator Academy of Art
- HELP University
- Erican College
- Limkokwing University
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP)
- Beijing Geely University
- Guangxi Normal University
- Henan Normal University
- Liuzhou City Vocational College
- University of Sanya
- Yunnan University
- Yunnan College of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Languages
- Yunnan Normal University
- Akademi Manajemen Administrasi Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Akademi Manajemen Administrasi YPK, Indonesia
- Akademi Keperawatan 17 Karanganyar Surakarta, Indonesia
- Ahmad Dahlan University, Indonesia
- Duta Wacana Christian University
- Perkumpulan Ahli Dan Dosen Republik Indonesia (ADRI)
- Universitas Kuningan, Indonesia
- Universitas Muria Kudus (UMK)
- Universitas Maarif Hasyim Latif, Indonesia
- Universitas Pancasakti, Indonesia
- Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi (STIE) Atama Bhakti, Indonesia
- Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi (STIE) Totalwin, Indonesia
- Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Kesehatan (STIKES) Kendal, Indonesia
- Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi (STIE) YPK, Indonesia
|This Thailand university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|