Asobi ni Iku yo!
|Asobi ni iku yo!|
Cover of the 1st light novel volume of Asobi ni Iku yo! as published by Media Factory
|Genre||Science fiction, Romantic comedy, Harem|
|Written by||Okina Kamino|
|Illustrated by||Hōden Eizō (vol.1–14)
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Imprint||MF Bunko J|
|Original run||October 25, 2003 – February 25, 2015|
|Let's Go Play|
|Written by||Okina Kamino|
|Published by||Media Factory|
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Alive|
|Original run||July 20, 2010 – August 23, 2014|
|Anime television series|
|Cat Planet Cuties|
|Directed by||Youichi Ueda|
|Produced by||Akihiro Kurita
|Written by||Katsuhiko Takayama|
|Music by||Tomoki Kikuya|
|Network||MBS, AT-X, CTC, tvk, TVA, TVS, QAB|
|Original run||July 10, 2010 – September 25, 2010|
|Episodes||12 + OVA|
Asobi ni Iku yo! (あそびにいくヨ!?, lit. "Let's Go Play!") is a Japanese light novel series by Okina Kamino with illustrations by Hōden Eizō and Nishieda. The series, which consists of 20 volumes, was published by Media Factory under their MF Bunko J label from October 25, 2003 to February 25, 2015. A manga adaptation by 888 started serialization in the seinen manga magazine Monthly Comic Alive on August 26, 2006. An anime adaptation premiered on July 10, 2010 with the English title Asobi ni Ikuyo: Bombshells from the Sky. Funimation has licensed and dubbed the anime series in English with their in-house production voice cast under the title Cat Planet Cuties and released it on home media in 2012. Manga Entertainment have licensed the series in the UK.
The story revolves around Kio Kakazu. During a memorial service for one of his family ancestors he is introduced to a girl with cat ears. The girl calls herself Eris and claims she is an alien. Before long, fanatical alien worshipers and a mysterious government agency are in hot pursuit of Eris, but Kio's childhood friend Manami—who wants to follow in her father's footsteps in the CIA—captures Eris. Kio finds himself having to protect Eris from everyone.
- Kio Kakazu (嘉和 騎央 Kakazu Kio?)
- Voiced by: Yuuko Sanpei (drama CD), Mutsumi Tamura (anime) (Japanese), Aaron Dismuke (English)
- Kio is a kindhearted, yet sophisticated 16-year-old teenage boy. Kio is easily able to accept the proof that his new friend is an alien, and that both his other friends are secret agents. He knows how to handle firearms, though he is not sure what business his Uncle Yuichi is in to have them. He displays a strong sense of justice, and is willing to take action when he feels it is needed. This sense, and his treatment of others, draws the attention of his female friends. He is unsure about his reaction to all that interest, and their attention begins to cause complications for Kio. Eris the Catian, in particular, has decided that she wishes to be his mate as she is about to come into her first heat. In the final episode of the anime, he temporarily becomes a catboy.
- Eris (エリス Erisu?)
- Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi (drama CD), Kanae Itō (anime) (Japanese), Tia Ballard (English)
- Eris is a 16-year-old scout for the Catian people exploring Earth. Tall and well endowed, she has easily befriended many people, as well as regular cats she has met on Earth. Initially most do not believe her to be an alien, but she shows Kio the proof directly with her technology, ears, and tail. While she is learning the ways of Earth, she is also a competent fighter who employs strategies and technologies not seen on Earth. Her interactions with Kio are closer and more emotional, potentially due to the fact she is 16 and about to enter her first heat. With the kindness and interest he has shown, she has selected him as a mate. Eris was forced to take chemicals to end her first heat prematurally as it was causing disruption to her duties as an ambassador and representative of Catians on Earth, with high expectations for her second heat and another chance to mate with Kio. She develops feelings for Kio after she found out he risked his life to save her when she was captured. When Aoi admitted that she was jealous of her closeness to Kio, she eventually kisses him in the anime adaptation's final episode, after Eris says she'd go with the Catian law that places no restriction on the number of lovers rather than earthling law that says a person can have only one mate, she did not bear any ill will towards her and is happy that somebody else shares the same feelings as she does.
- Aoi Futaba (双葉 アオイ Futaba Aoi?)
- Voiced by: Mamiko Noto (drama CD), Kana Hanazawa (anime) (Japanese), Monica Rial (English)
- Aoi is a teenage girl who worked for the Immigration Bureau of Japan as one of their top agents before helping save Eris. She is now seen as a traitor so she lives at the Catian Embassy under its diplomatic immunity. She has the ability to teleport objects to her that lie within a 50m radius. Because of this ability her parents threw her out, leaving her to grow up on as she states is "the other side of society". She also makes use of a technologically advanced battlesuit and weaponry, (unknowingly provided by the Dogisians). She has a noticeable crush on Kio due to the fact he is the only person who ever treated her like a normal girl, but feels he would not like her due to her ability and is too shy to attempt any of the ideas Manami suggest to "get him" (such as suggesting pushing him to the ground and giving him a big kiss). In the anime, she drives a blue Ford Shelby GT500 KR equipped with hidden gadgets such as a smokescreen and capture net. Due to Manami's suggestion, she changes her way of addressing Kio, from "Kakazu-kun" to "Kio-kun" (which in Japan signifies that one is close to a person).
- Manami Kinjou (金武城 真奈美 Kinjō Manami?)
- Voiced by: Megumi Toyoguchi (drama CD), Haruka Tomatsu (anime) (Japanese), Brittney Karbowski (English)
- Manami is a tomboy, childhood friend, and next door neighbor of Kio. Since she was young she wanted to join the CIA, where her room is filled with listening equipment and guns. She was in the CIA recruitment program operating under the supervisor codenamed JACK, but thinks that she is no longer a candidate after helping rescue Eris. She also lives at the Catian Embassy under its diplomatic immunity. She has feelings for Kio, but believes he sees her as just one of the guys and that she "let her chance slip by", so she roots for Aoi to get him before "that alien steals him away". She wears a watch with a scratch on it, which it got the day she realized she was in love with Kio; she will often rub the scratch when nervous. She has a noticeable fascination with guns, to the point where Kio refers to her as a gun otaku. She is often very pushy when it comes to helping Aoi make progress with her relationship with Kio, because she does not wish to see Aoi's chance to slip by as she believes hers has. She eventually kisses him in the anime adaptation's final episode, after Eris reveals due to Catian law they could all be Kio's lovers.
- JACK (ジャック Jakku?)
- Voiced by: Yukiko Monden (Japanese), Jamie Marchi (English)
- Despite the name, JACK is actually a woman. Her real name is: Janis Alectos Carotenas Karinato. She works for the CIA and is acting supervisor of Manami. She has noticeably long blond hair, is barely dressed (usually seen wearing a cowboy hat, denim shorts with a belt, cowboy boots, and a tank top) and is often seen eating fast food, appealing to the Japanese stereotype of American women. She drives a 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray as her personal vehicle.
- Maki Itokazu (糸嘉州 マキ Itokazu Maki?)
- Voiced by: Saeko Chiba (drama CD), Hiromi Hirata (anime) (Japanese), Martha Harms (English)
- Maki is Kio's teacher and leader of Beautiful Contact Japan Sect. Due to the fact Eris doesn't represent the stereotypical alien (tentacles, green skin, etc), she firmly believes that Eris, despite the obvious, is not really an alien. Even after the public meeting between the Earth and the Catians, Maki still holds to her beliefs that aliens are supposed to look like those found in movies, manga and other sci-fi media.
- Yuichi Miyagi (宮城 雄一 Miyagi Yūichi?)
- Voiced by: Ryotaro Okiayu (drama CD), Fumihiko Tachiki (anime) (Japanese), Sonny Strait (English)
- Yuichi is Kio's uncle. He seems to be involved with movie industry, though he also displays some skills with firearms.
- Antonia (アントニア?)
- Voiced by: Ayaka Saito (drama CD), Iori Nomizu (anime) (Japanese), Luci Christian (English)
- Antonia Lirimonie Norfedras Papanorgas Arecroteles Cnorses Morfenoss is a wealthy 12-year-old, leader of the Underside of Kitten Paw cult and rarely seen without wearing a pair of cat ears. She grows attached to Kio in the last episode due to him becoming a cat boy.
- Sara (サラ Sara?)
- Voiced by: Yuko Sato (drama CD), Akeno Watanabe (anime) (Japanese), Clarine Harp (English)
- Sara is one of Antonia's personal maids. She has short, blonde hair and an eyepatch over her right eye. She has an undeniable weakness toward anything cute and catlike and forms an attachment toward one of Eris' Assist-A-Roids. Apparently, it was because of this weakness that she was unable to maintain her former job as a mercenary soldier.
- Maya (摩耶 Maya?)
- Voiced by: Sanae Kobayashi (drama CD), Sayori Ishizuka (anime) (Japanese), Kristi Kang (English)
- Maya is another one of Antonia's personal maids. She had long, reddish hair and a small scar on her lower-left cheek. Not much is known about her, but she apparently has some connections with the KGB as she was able to procure ICBMs to be made into a spacecraft.
- Aiko Ishimine (石嶺愛子 Ishimine Aiko?)
- Voiced by: Eri Sendai (Japanese), Madeleine Broseh (English)
- Aiko is one of Kio's classmates and a member of the film club.
- Arisa Oshiro (大城アリサ Ōshiro Arisa?)
- Voiced by: Mai Aizawa (Japanese), Janet Mason (English)
- Arisa is another one of Kio's classmates and a member of the film club.
- Souken Nakamura (中村宗弦 Nakamura Sōken?)
- Voiced by: Keigo Manaka (Japanese), Josh Grelle (English)
- Souken is another one of Kio's classmates and the president of the film club.
- Satoshi Fukuhara (普久原聡 Fukuhara Satoshi?)
- Voiced by: Yuta Kasuya (Japanese), Orion Pitts (English)
- Satoshi is another one of Kio's classmates and a member of the film club.
- Qoone (クーネ Kūne?)
- Voiced by: Eri Nakao (drama CD), Kikuko Inoue (anime) (Japanese), Staci Moon (English)
- Qoone is the Catian Starship captain. She is in charge of the contingent responsible for establishing diplomatic relations with Earth's leaders.
- Melwin (メルウィン Meruwin?)
- Voiced by: Yuka Iguchi (drama CD), Aki Toyosaki (anime) (Japanese), Lara Woodhull (English)
- Melwin is the Catian Starship First Officer.
- Chayka (チャイカ Chaika?)
- Voiced by: Reiko Takagi (drama CD), Minako Kotobuki (anime) (Japanese), Cherami Leigh (English)
- Chayka is a member of the Catian Starship Crew. She stands guard over the Catian Embassy whenever Eris and company are out.
- Durel (デュレル Dureru?)
- Voiced by: Shizuka Ito (drama CD), Naomi Shindō (anime) (Japanese), Aleisha Force (English)
- Durel is the Catian Starship Doctor. Her personality is reminiscent of Star Trek's Mr. Spock as she views things in a calm, rational, and logical manner. Her comment about Eris being fortunate in having a partner (Kio) for her first heat leads to Manami becoming extremely flustered and jealous.
- Luros (ルーロス Rūrosu?)
- Voiced by: Iori Nomizu (Japanese), Majken Bullard (English)
- Luros is the computer AI of Eris' personal ship and is able to fly on her own. Her outer shell was later destroyed in a Dogesian attack, though her computer core escaped intact. Her outer shell was presumably rebuilt after the crisis was over.
- Janes (ジェンス Jensu?)
- Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe (drama CD), Yui Horie (anime) (Japanese), Colleen Clinkenbeard (English)
- Janes is a Dogisian in charge of the underground relations between her home planet and governments through Earth. After knowing about the arrival of Catians on the planet, she devises schemes to prevent establishment of official diplomatic relations between them, including trying to eliminate Eris and her friends.
- Ichika (いちか Ichika?)
- Voiced by: Tomoko Kawakami (drama CD), Ayahi Takagaki (anime) (Japanese), Lindsay Seidel (English)
- Ichika appeared for the first time in episode 7. She's shown to have some sort of connection with Jen and the Dogisians. Furthermore she can use power cards to improve abilities, whether they are hers or of someone else. In the post-credits scene of the anime adaptation's final episode, it is revealed that she is an "sage" Catian and discusses other lifeforms over the phone to an unidentified male.
- Lawry (ラウリィ Raurī?)
- Voiced by: Minori Chihara (Japanese), Caitlin Glass (English)
- Lawry is the first Catian Assist-a-roid. Unlike the current models, she is modeled after the Catians themselves and appears more like an android. After her master had died during the first attempt to reach Earth 1,000 years earlier, she comes to the planet in order to fulfill his final wish.
- Matrey (マットレイ Mattorei?)
- Voiced by: Hironori Kondō (Japanese), Jason Douglas (English)
- Matrey is Janes's personal dog-like assist-a-roid. Its appearance and laughter are an homage to Muttley.
- Assist-A-Roids are small, anthropomorphic robots used by both the Catians and the Dogisians. The Catian versions are considered more advanced with their own self-repair systems, while the Dogisian assist-a-roids must steal electronic equipment to repair themselves. With the exception of Muttley, the Dogisian assist-a-roids are considered expendable. The Catian assist-a-roids can be personalized to suit their owners. Kio is given an assist-a-roid named Sayada that is modeled after a movie director. Aoi is given a pair named Chiba-chan and Kin-chan that resemble samurai, while Manami has a gun-wielding, gangster-looking one named Yu-Fat, a nod to Hong Kong Action Movie Star Chow Yun Fat.
- Catia (キャーティア Kyātia?)
- An alien race. They look and speak just like humans, except they have cat ears and tails. They currently are using Kio's house as their Embassy. Due to their society reaching its apex 70,000 years ago, (having done everything possible on their planet), they interact with other species for new experiences. Since males of their race are exceedingly rare, Catian Law does allow for polygamous couplings. Catians go into periods of extreme sexual behavior or mating seasons, with their first time at age 16. Normally they have stimulus devices to satisfy their desire to procreate, though Eris wishes to have Kio as her mate.
- Dogisia (ドギーシュア Dogīshua?)
- Another alien race similar to the Catians, except they have dog ears and tails. They seem to be bitter enemies, similar to a relationship of a cat and dog. They had arrived on Earth a while before the Catians, but kept their arrival in secret and made connections with the various military organizations, including Japan. Their main goal is to prevent any collaborations between Earth and the Catians, as they would lose control. Furthermore, due to a total embargo placed on their planet to interact with other species, they are technically not supposed to be on Earth and are illegally trading advanced weaponry.
- Orsonians (オルソニア人 Orusoniajin?)
- A highly evolved society of aliens that compose the Universal Regulations Government. They are considered extremely powerful and oversee the interactions between other races. They forbid attempts at conquest and have placed an embargo on Dogisia, thereby preventing them from making any public contact with other species.
- Beautiful Contact
- They are a terrorist group dedicated to the welcoming of the first intergalactic species to Earth. However, they are also very particular of who they wish the aliens to look like, where when they saw Eris felt like she would be unacceptable for the human race to be their first encounter and planned to get rid of her before her presence became public knowledge. Maki is the leader of the Japanese sect. With the Catians later making public interactions and peace treaty negotiations with the Japanese Government, the group's main goals are no longer valid.
- Intelligence Agencies
- Some of the US intelligence agencies are represented in the series, including the CIA, DIA. Manami aspires to join the CIA.
- Underside of Kitten Paw (子猫の足裏 Koneko no Ashiura?)
- A large, nearly worldwide cult dedicated to worshiping cat ears and cat tails. It is led by Antonia. They considered Eris to be their Savior and Goddess. By the eighth episode, Eris and Antonia began work to slowly wipe out the religious aspects and turn the group into more of a fan club. The people of Dogisia are against this organization due to their relationship with Catia and the fact that they represent a huge financial asset.
|01||October 25, 2003||ISBN 4-8401-0861-7|
|02||February 25, 2004||ISBN 4-8401-1035-2|
|03||May 25, 2004||ISBN 4-8401-1090-5|
|04||August 25, 2004||ISBN 4-8401-1135-9|
|05||November 25, 2004||ISBN 4-8401-1174-X|
|06||April 25, 2005||ISBN 4-8401-1252-5|
|07||August 25, 2005||ISBN 4-8401-1408-0|
|08||December 22, 2005||ISBN 4-8401-1469-2|
|09||September 25, 2006||ISBN 4-8401-1597-4|
|10||May 25, 2007||ISBN 978-4-8401-1844-6|
|11||May 25, 2008||ISBN 978-4-8401-2310-5|
|12||March 25, 2009||ISBN 978-4-8401-2486-7|
|13||January 25, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-3161-2|
|14||June 25, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-3429-3|
|15||March 23, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4527-5|
|16||October 25, 2012||ISBN 978-4-8401-4817-7|
|17||February 25, 2013||ISBN 978-4-8401-4994-5|
|18||December 25, 2013||ISBN 978-4-8401-4994-5|
|19||December 25, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-067309-7|
|20||February 25, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-067401-8|
|01||March 31, 2007||ISBN 978-4-8401-1692-3|
|02||September 30, 2007||ISBN 978-4-8401-1954-2|
|03||April 30, 2008||ISBN 978-4-8401-2220-7|
|04||November 30, 2008||ISBN 978-4-8401-2294-8|
|05||March 31, 2009||ISBN 978-4-8401-2544-4|
|06||January 31, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-2972-5|
|07||June 30, 2010||ISBN 978-4-8401-3337-1|
|08||February 23, 2011||ISBN 978-4-8401-3754-6|
|09||December 21, 2013||ISBN 978-4-04-066147-6|
|10||August 23, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-066831-4|
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|01||"The Cat that Came to Earth"
"Chikiu ni Ochite Kita Neko" (ちきうにおちてきたねこ)
|July 10, 2010|
The episode starts with three members of different factions listening to a special newscast about an alien message, the first part of which has been translated to mean "coming to play". One of the members is then called to battle aboard an enemy ship. She successfully infiltrates the ship and disarms the Captain. The situation is disrupted by a UFO passing too close to both ships. When the same member comes to, the enemy captain detonates the ship.
Later, during a memorial service for one of his ancestors, Kio Kakazu finds a cat-like alien sitting at the buffet table. The alien introduces herself as Eris, and the two have a short conversation before Kio accidentally drinks beer and passes out. The next morning, Kio wakes up with a hangover and finds Eris sleeping half naked next to him in bed. Kio's startled cry wakes her up, and she heals his hangover with a handheld device.
Manami Kinjō and Maki Itokazu then visit Kio, and upon seeing Eris half naked and with cat ears and a tail, they misinterpret the situation, thinking that Kio brought a girl home and forced her to cosplay all night. After discovering that Eris is an alien, they both abruptly leave without saying why. Kio goes on a walk to gather his thoughts and runs into Aoi Futaba, who asks Kio on a date. Aoi is interrupted by a man in a car who she names as her Uncle. He offers her a ride home.It is later revealed that Manami is in recruiting to become part of the CIA, Aoi is a Momiji for the Immigration Bureau of Japan, and Itokazu is the leader of an organization of SF fans called "Beautiful Contact", and they are all given orders to eliminate Eris.
|02||"I Came to Play"
"Asobi ki Nimashita" (あそびきにました)
|July 17, 2010|
Manami and Aoi watch Kio and Eris, both waiting for a good time to make their move. As they are waiting, however, Itokazu and "Beautiful Contact" attack Kio and Eris, and are about to kill both of them when Aoi disobeys orders to wait and saves Kio. She then moves to kill Eris, but Kio begs the Momiji (not knowing it is Aoi) to spare her. She obliges, but as soon as she leaves, Manami appears with CIA back-up, knocks Kio out and captures Eris, but not before Kio sees Manami's watch and knows it is her.
Later, Kio confronts Manami and begs her to help him find Eris. Manami contacts Aoi for extra help, and, receiving help from his uncle, Kio blackmails Itokazu and Beautiful Contact into helping as well. Together, they succeed in breaking into the military compound where Eris has been given to the DIA, only to find that she has already broken herself out.The episode ends with the rest of the Catian fleet appearing over the city, announcing their existence and their intent to negotiate a treaty with the Japanese government, as a result of Eris submitting a report about grilled beef.
|03||"I Came To Stay"
"Tomari ki Nimashita" (とまりきにました)
|July 24, 2010|
Eris, along with other ranking officers, negotiate with the Japanese government wearing stereotypical school swimsuits, due to misinformation on Eris' part. Upon returning to Kio's house, Manami and Aoi visit, again misinterpreting the five Catian women dressed in revealing clothing standing in Kio's living room. They state their intention to leave, since the events of the previous episode marked them as traitors to their respective factions. Eris tells them that since Kio's house is now a Catian embassy, everyone inside is protected by Catian laws, and the two girls are invited to live there as well.
Later, while the robotic servants are on guard duty and Manami and Aoi are bathing together, one of the robots is abducted by members of a yet unknown faction. Manami and Aoi spring into action, rescuing the robot, although the intruders escaped by use of a stun grenade. The next morning, Manami, Aoi, and Kio are hired by Eris as official embassy employees.
Manami discovers Aoi's feelings for Kio, and offers to help her out, though Manami's reactions throughout the episode lead Aoi to suspect that she may have feelings for him as well.Note: Natsuru Seno and Shizuku Sango from Kämpfer can be seen in the anime at 1:58.
|04||"I Came to Kidnap"
"Sarai ki Nimashita" (さらいきにました)
|July 31, 2010|
The episode opens on the Saitama Super Arena filled with members of Underside of Kitten Paw, a fanatic group obsessed with cats. Their leader, Antonia Morfenoss, shows pictures of Eris and declares her to be their new idol of worship.
When Kio wakes up, he walks in on Eris dancing and being abnormally energetic due to having smelled silver vine spirits, an Asian plant reported to be stronger than catnip. Dr. Dyureru appears and explains that Eris will soon be going into heat, causing her to have heightened senses, and congratulates Eris on having a mating partner on her first heat, much to Manami's outrage and Kio's embarrassment. She also assigns Eris a mission to go into Tokyo and "observe the human economy, technology, and culture", which, according to Eris, means to bring back a bunch of toys and games as souvenirs.
On the train back, members of Underside of Kitten Paw separate Eris and Kio from Manami and Aoi, putting them to sleep and showing the sleeping Eris live to the screaming fans of Underside of Kitten Paw.Note: In this episode, Louise from The Familiar of Zero and Lisa, Cecily Cambell, Luke Ainsworth from The Sacred Blacksmith can be seen while they were at the Nakona Broadway shortly after the airplane scene in the anime.
|05||"I've Come to Save You"
"Tasuke ki Nimashita" (たすけきにました)
|August 7, 2010|
Kio and Eris wake up inside a yacht owned by Antonia. They are soon greeted by one of Antonia's maids, who offer them trays of gourmet food. After eating, they decide to escape, but to their dismay Eris's power suit has been limited due to Eris being in heat. They are taken to a play room with Antonia who is dressed like a giant Assist-a-roid. Kio notes that all of the video games have been fixed to only accommodate one player, due to the maids not having the heart either to beat their master in a game nor lose intentionally.
Meanwhile, Aoi and Manami visit a weapons store and stock up. While there, they ask for a motor boat and are told the only one was sold to Director Kawasaki for his upcoming film. The girls infiltrate the set and rig the boat with real weapons, but they are caught by Kawasaki, who contracts them into his film. After being forced into Playboy-like costumes, Aoi and Manami steal the boat and break into the yacht to find that Kio and Eris have switched clothes, enabling Kio to use the power suit's strength-enhancing capabilities. They are stopped by Antonia and one of her maids, but Kio convinces Antonia to let them go. Antonia offers them escape in the emergency sea plane.Aoi sabotages the ship's engines, but is caught by an agent of Dogsia, who is destroying the ship in the hopes that it will take Eris with it. Aoi is trapped by a pile of steel girders and then knocked unconscious by a missile explosion, to be saved by Kio still in Eris's suit. As Kio runs to catch the plane, Aoi regains consciousness and, thinking it is a dream, confesses to Kio.
|06||"We Have Practiced"
"Renshiu Shimashita" (れんしうしました)
|August 14, 2010|
Kio takes Eris to a film shoot directed by one of his classmates, who is trying to film a sci-fi movie and would like Eris's help in getting footage of aliens without special effects. They decide that Eris looks too human, and instead ask her if they could use her ship or her robots. The footage of the ship looks like it is being held by strings due to its design, and the robots look more like chibi dolls. They decide to go for a romance film. Upon hearing this, Eris' hormones go berserk and she assaults Kio, something she has done several times earlier anytime something one has said sounds similar to romance or sex.
Meanwhile, Aoi wants to practice cooking to impress Kio, but due to her frequent failures she wastes a lot of food. At the same time, Manami wants to practice shooting, but she can't do it in Kio's backyard. Chaika takes them to a virtual room on board the mothership, where they can fulfill their respective desires without it bothering anyone. She also makes it a point that the Catia without mates use it to satisfy their sexual desires during heat and offered if they would like to try it out as well, much to the girls' embarrassment. Aoi asks for a Kio to be her taste-tester. Manami asks for a shooting gallery with a wide assortment of weaponry, and for an M134 Minigun in particular, which turns out to be too heavy for her to lift. She asks for a Kio to help her lift it, who tells her in a very Kio-like manner that he can't lift it. Manami asks virtual-Kio what he thinks of various people, eventually ending up on herself. He confesses that he once had feelings for her, but when he heard she was hanging out with Jack (unaware this was her female CIA handler), he thought she was already dating someone and she ended up being just a friend.
Back at home, Aoi gives the real Kio a taste of a recipe she "perfected" with virtual-Kio, only to find out that virtual-Kio had lied to make Aoi feel good about her cooking. Chaika points out that virtual-Kio and the real Kio would naturally have different thoughts, but Manami still has her doubts. The episode ends with Eris taking pills that will, to her extreme disappointment, prematurely end her first mating season. The episode ends with her sadly calling out to Kio.Note: In this episode, Mamoru and Yuna from Kage Kara Mamoru! can be seen 8 minutes in, during the A&W Drive Thru scene.
|07||"I Have Come To Swim"
"Oyogi ki Nimashita" (およぎきにました)
|August 21, 2010|
The summer is over, and Kio, Manami and Aoi all return to school. To their surprise, they find that Eris and Antonia have enrolled in the same class as them, as well as Antonia's maids. After school, Eris and Antonia garner excessive amounts of attention to the point that Antonia's maids scare off other students with uzis. Kio's club-mates ask him if he is going to the film camp, and asks Eris if she would like to go on the trip as well. As a result, Eris, Antonia, Aoi, Manami, and Antonia's maids all become members of the film club with the intention of going to the camp.
Meanwhile, a group of Dogsian Assist-a-roids are robbing surrounding areas of electronic equipment, due to their inability to self-repair. The Dogsian ambassadors reveal a specially made Assist-a-roid that closely resembles a Catian Assist-a-roid.
Once at the camp, Antonia offers Eris a number of high-end swim suits for her to wear. When the other girls inquire about all of the ones that Eris refuses, Antonia allows them to wear the ones Eris doesn't like. Later, when they are all showing off their expensive swim suits, the girls realize to their dismay that they have all had holes cut in the rear to accommodate Eris' tail, due to one of the girls mistakenly wearing her bottom piece backwards. At dinner, Kio asks if he can talk to Aoi about something in private, but ends up asking if she can teach him to fight. Once alone, Aoi realizes that she is out of her league in the running for Kio. Eris appears, and Aoi takes out her frustration on her. Suddenly a young girl named Ichika appears, and at the same time, the camp gets attacked by the Dogsian Assist-a-roids. They are easily defeated with the help of some Accel-Form cards that give Aoi inhanced speed and strength, and later when the specially made Dogsian Assist-a-roid appears to help them in their fight.Note: In this episode, Akane and Mikoto from the series Kämpfer were shown at 4:48, just before the scene when Eris and the gang walk around the school.
|08||"We've come to duel"
"Kettō Shimashita" (けっとうしました)
|August 28, 2010|
|Aoi and Manami decide to have a showdown in a nearby forest to settle their differences, but their match is cut short when they must join forces to defeat some assassins sent to take them both out, the winner was therefore Manami. As the loser, Aoi is forced to address Kio as Kio-kun (an endearment), but he doesn't notice at all, causing Manami to react violently.|
|09||"The Ultimate First Assist-a-roid?"
"Idai naru Saisho no Ashitoroido?" (いだいなるさいしょのあしとろいど?)
|September 4, 2010|
Kio and friends are visited by Rauri, the first Assist-a-roid created by the Catians, who came to fulfill the last wish of her creators, who died while trying to reach Earth 1000 years ago.Note: the ending theme Oira wa Sabishii Spaceman was taken from Captain Future Original Soundtrack.
|10||"We've Come To Aim"
"Nerai ki Nimashita" (ねらいきにました)
|September 11, 2010|
|It's Christmas and the Catians decide to prepare a special present to mankind, while Qoone, the captain of the Catian mothership pays a visit to Kio's house. However, the festivities are interrupted when the Dogsians launch an attack on them.|
|11||"We've Come To Search"
"Sagashi ki Nimashita" (さがしきにました)
|September 18, 2010|
With the Catian ship en route of collision with the Earth atmosphere, threatening the trapped Catian crews' lives, and Qoone out of commission, Kio is appointed the new captain of the Catian forces. The Dogsians feed misinformation causing all world rockets to be suspended for a planned attack on the ship. Kio and the others set off to abandoned launch base in Russia as part of their plan to aid their friends in space. First a spy out for revenge on Aoi, and an army of NATO soldiers thinking they are terrorists try to stop them.Note: when listening to the first part prior to the credits you will hear a parody of the Red Dwarf theme and comments to pay homage to Red Dwarf.
|12||"We've Come To Find It"
"Mitsuke ki Nimashita" (みつけきにました)
|September 25, 2010|
While Antonia's maid army holds off the advancing military, Kio and the others are able to launch. Manami and Aoi confess their feelings to Kio, and Eris states that according to Catians' law, all three can be his lovers. Aoi, Manami, and Eris launch in powered armor and jet platforms to fight the Dogsian armada. While struggling to save the Catian ship, Kio is forced to use Qoone's captain bell to transform himself to save the ship.
After Eris, Manami, and Aoi finish off the Dogsian fleet, the command ship crashes into its own orbital base, causing it to plummet to Japan. Aoi flies by herself to stop it, only for Manami to join her. After a late save from Kio in the rocket they all hug, only to find Kio has become a Catboy.After solving their situation in space, the Catians finally unveil their Christmas present to mankind; a fully functional space elevator, which coincidentally looks like a Christmas tree.
|OVA||"Come Drop By"
"de Asobi ni Kimashita!!" (おーぶいえーであそびにきました!!)
|June 15, 2011|
|It's already summer and the Catians decide to study the games on Earth so they decided to help. To make things more interesting, Manami suggested that each participant wages a precious item and whenever each person wins a round they chose one of them as a reward. While Aoi and Manami covet a special item waged by Kio, their priorities change when they are risking to let a DVD with embarrassing scenes of both in wrong hands.|
- "Asobi ni Iku yo! Light Novels Have Anime in the Works (Updated)". Anime News Network. March 29, 2009. Retrieved September 29, 2009.
- "Funimation Adds Deadman Wonderland, Steins;Gate and More". Anime News Network. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- Rojas, Justin (February 23, 2012). "Cat Planet Cuties Cast Announcement". Funimation Blog. Funimation.
- あそびにいくヨ！ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！2 作戦名『うにゃーくん』 (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！3 たのしいねこのつかいかた (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！4 やめてとめてのうちゅうせん (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！5 仔猫たちのがくえんさい (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！6 ぎゃくしうのビューティフル・コンタクト (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！7 とってもあついのキャーティアシップ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！8 バレンタインデーのおひっこし (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！9 ねことみんなのいろいろと (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！10 わるいことしまし？ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！11 こねこたちのぎんこーごーとー (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！12 仔猫ただいましっそうちう (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！13 おかーしゃんにあいましか？ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！14 かみさまそこにおらりましか？ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！15 あねうえとにかくけっこんしやう! (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved March 23, 2012.
- あそびにいくヨ！16 新生ファーストコンタクトラブコメ16巻！ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- あそびにいくヨ！17 な、なななななにをいうんだ、リュンヌ、リュシー！ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- あそびにいくヨ！18 ～こねこたちのびっぐ・じゃーにぃ～ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- あそびにいくヨ！19 ほのぼのファーストコンタクトストーリー、クライマックス！！ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- あそびにいくヨ！20 ロングラン・ファーストコンタクトラブコメ、遂に完結！ (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- あそびにいくヨ!（1） (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ!（2） (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ!（3） (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ!（4） (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ!（5） (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ!（6） (in Japanese). Media Factory. Archived from the original on August 12, 2010. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- "MFコミックス あそびにいくヨ！ 7" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Archived from the original on July 1, 2010. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- "MFコミックス あそびにいくヨ！ 8" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved February 23, 2011.
- "MFコミックス あそびにいくヨ！ 9" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
- "MFコミックス あそびにいくヨ！ 10" (in Japanese). Media Factory. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "TVアニメ「あそびにいくヨ！」公式サイト" (in Japanese). asoiku.com. Archived from the original on July 22, 2010. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- "キャーティア大使館Website●あそびにいくヨ！" (in Japanese). Geneon Entertainment. Archived from the original on July 14, 2010. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- あそびにいくヨ！ (in Japanese). Idea Factory. Archived from the original on July 27, 2010. Retrieved July 18, 2010.
- Høgset, Stig. "Asobi ni iku Yo: Bombshells from the Sky". T.H.E.M. Anime Reviews.
- Martin, Theron (August 25, 2010). "Asobi ni Ikuyo: Bombshells from the Sky episodes 1–6 streaming". Anime News Network.
- Smith, G. B. (July 15, 2010). "Asobi ni ikuyo: Bombshells from the Sky Episode No. 01". Mania.