Au Pair (film)
Region 4 DVD cover
|Written by||Jeffrey C. Sherman
|Directed by||Mark Griffiths|
Heidi Noelle Lenhart
|Country of origin||USA|
|Producer(s)||Lance H. Robbins
|Cinematography||Blake T. Evans|
|Running time||96 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Saban Entertainment|
|Distributor||Fox Family Films|
Jennifer Morgan (Heidi Noelle Lenhart) is an MBA looking for a job as an executive at Oliver Caldwell’s (Gregory Harrison) company. Through a series of errors, she is given a job as the au pair for his children, Katie (Katie Volding) and Alex (Jake Dinwiddie).
The kids have been spoiled by Oliver since their mother died, and they have become quite the trouble makers. Oliver is engaged to Vivian Berger (Jane Sibbett), who dislikes the children and becomes jealous of Jennifer as she bonds with them. The kids, preferring Jennifer (though, in the beginning played pranks on her) to Vivian, play matchmaker, and expose the plotting Vivian for who she really is.
In the ending of this movie, when Oliver arrives at his splendidly beautiful castle, he discovers that his ruthless and corrupt fiancée, Vivian, has already made arrangements for their wedding and that they were going to get married that very evening.
Later on, Jennifer, Alex, and Katie arrive, and Oliver demands to speak with Jennifer. To Alex and Katie's dismay, Jennifer is mercilessly fired by their father (because Vivian told Oliver that Jennifer was plotting against his company) just moments before the ceremony begins. Alex, then, comes up with an idea to spy on Vivian and her clumsy, odd sisters. As the children, Nigel (family chauffeur) (John Rhys-Davies), and Oliver spy on Vivian in her boudoir, Vivian reveals her evil plots and schemes.
Infuriated, Oliver bursts into the boudoir and breaks up with Vivian. Oliver storms out of the castle with Vivian and her wacky sisters chasing after him. Once they descend upon the bridge, Vivian demands that Oliver hand over her ring. Oliver takes the ring out of his coat pocket, throws it over the bridge, and into the water. Vivian, then, blindly launches herself off the bridge in her silk bridal gown and plummets into the water. Vivian's sisters try to catch their sister as she falls, but they end up falling into the water as well. Vivian emerges from the depths of water and angrily pounds the water's surface with her clenched fists.
Later, Jenny and Oliver share a kiss.
- Gregory Harrison as Oliver Caldwell
- Heidi Lenhart as Jennifer 'Jenny' Morgan
- Jane Sibbett as Vivian Berger
- Katie Volding as Katie Caldwell
- Jake Dinwiddie as Alex Caldwell
- John Rhys-Davies as Nigel Kent
- Richard Riehle as Sam Morgan
- Michael Woolson as Charlie Cruikshank
- Larry Robbins as Ernie
- Pat Elliott as Sutton Parks Employee
- Dávid Ungvári as Receptionist
- Kristin Hansen as Matronly Woman
- Éva Gyetvai as Secretary
- Peter Linka as L.A. Chauffeur
- Caitlin Griffiths as Girl on Plane
The film was originally released in 1999, and continues to occasionally air on Fox Family's successor, ABC Family. It has had the most viewers in the network's TV Movie history. The film has been released on Region 4 DVD.
- "'Au Pair 3': It's time to call it quits". Entertainment Weekly. 16 March 2009. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Fox Family Channel's 'Au Pair' Movie Delivers Largest Audience In Family Channel's 22-Year History. - PR Newswire - HighBeam Research