Christmas Every Day
|Christmas Every Day|
|Directed by||Larry Peerce|
Erik von Detten|
|Music by||Billy Goldenberg|
|Country of origin||United States|
Gary M. Goodman|
John Byers (co-producer)
Stephen Alix (co-producer)
|Production location(s)||Ashland, Virginia|
|Editor(s)||Jerrold L. Ludwig|
|Running time||1hr 35min|
International Family Entertainment, Inc.
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
It was directed by Larry Peerce, starred Erik von Detten, and originally broadcast on The Family Channel during their first 25 Days of Christmas programming block. and was also shown on UK television on QVC Extra (True Entertainment) on November 28, 2015.
Original story by Howells
"Christmas Every Day" is a short story by William Dean Howells about a young American girl, whose wish that Christmas would come daily is granted for an entire year. It was published in Christmas Every Day and Other Stories Told for Children in 1892.
The film is set in the fictional town of Greenwood Falls, Virginia (just outside Washington, D.C.) and stars Erik von Detten as Billy Jackson, a selfish teenager forced to relive the same Christmas every day. Billy's sister (Yvonne Zima) wishes that it was Christmas every day, and thereafter he has to keep repeating Christmas Day until he realizes the true meaning of the holiday season.
Billy finds the entire experience to be a nightmare. "My life is on rewind," he moans. Each December 25, he must face the school bully (Tyler Mason Buckalew); he must also get involved in his grocer father's dispute with his fat-cat uncle (Robert Curtis Brown) who wants to build a mega-store and ruin the local merchants. Billy's Christmas pageant prank goes horribly awry, and a destitute old lady needs a bag of food, but he forgets to bring it to her.
- Robert Hays – Henry Jackson
- Bess Armstrong – Molly Jackson
- Erik von Detten – Billy Jackson
- Yvonne Zima – Sarah Jackson
- Robert Curtis Brown – Uncle David Jackson
- Robin Riker – Aunt Carolyn Jackson
- Julia Whelan – Cousin Jacey Jackson
- Tyler Mason Buckalew – Joey Manusco
- Terrence Currier – Mr. Charmers (as Terrence P. Currier)
- Kara Woods – Diane
- Lindsay Austin Hough – Mike
- Christmas Do-Over
- Time loop, about the general phenomenon (also lists many other examples of it in fiction)
- Elmo Saves Christmas – Children's film (coincidentally released in the same year) exploring a common childhood wish of wanting Christmas every day
- Groundhog Day – Bill Murray must relive Groundhog Day over and over.
- Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas – 1999 Disney direct-to-video animated movie consisting of three short segments, the first of which has Donald Duck's nephews wishing for it to be Christmas every day.
- The Fairly OddParents – The first Christmas special of the series involved Timmy Turner wishing that it was Christmas every day.
- Pepper Ann – In the episode "TGIF," the episode begins on a Friday morning, and Pepper Ann forgot to study for a test. She fakes sick in order to get out of taking it, but every morning she wakes up, it's Friday all over again.
- List of films featuring time loops
- Bobbin, Jay (December 1, 1996). "Bess Armstrong Finds 'Christmas Every Day' on Family Channel". Buffalo News: 27TV.
- Christmas Every Day on IMDb
- Christmas Every Day on IMDb
- Rindge, Brenda (December 2, 2002). "'Tis the Season". The Post and Courier: 1D.
- McDonough, Kevin (December 21, 1999). "Oh, holiday night ! It's Christmas on every channel". Charleston Daily Mail: P5D.
- Malleck, Bonnie (December 19, 1998). "Holiday tales abound;Christmas Every Day sure to please young viewers". The Record: F2.
- "Holiday TV". News & Record: D1. November 25, 2004.