Beautiful Girl (film)
|Directed by||Douglas Barr|
|Produced by||Mark Winemaker|
|Starring||Marissa Jaret Winokur
|Music by||Eric Allaman|
|Distributed by||ABC Family|
|October 19, 2003|
Marissa Jaret Winokur plays Becca Wasserman, a young woman recently engaged to a young man, Adam Lopez (Mark Consuelos). Hoping to improve their modest honeymoon plans, Becca seeks the vacation prize offered in a local beauty pageant. Charming and buoyant, Becca enters herself confidently, over the objections of her embarrassed mother (Fran Drescher) who believes that her daughter's plus-size form will be ridiculed. Becca rejects the criticism and becomes determined to win.
Overcoming all expectations, Becca becomes Miss Squirrel Hill. The flush of success drives her to compete in other, larger pageants in the city, and she announces ambitious plans for the future. Her fiancé is supportive at first, but he becomes quickly dismayed by her aggressive efforts to win. As Becca struggles to advance in the pageant circuit, she appears to change for the worse in many ways, before finally recapturing her original good nature and joie de vivre.
- Becca Wasserman – Marissa Jaret Winokur
- Amanda Wasserman – Fran Drescher
- Adam Lopez – Mark Consuelos
- Rachel Wasserman – Sarah Manninen
- Libby Leslie – Reagan Pasternak
- Supporting cast – Amanda Brugel; Barbara Radecki; Clare Stone; Charlotte Sullivan; Barbara Mamabolo; Brooke D'Orsay; Joyce Gordon; Stephanie Belding; Jordan Madley; Lesley Faulkner
- Stanley, Alessandra (October 18, 2003). "Aging Swan, Young Duck And, Oh, Hello, Mr. Chips". The New York Times. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- Owen, Rob (October 16, 2003). "Tuned In: 'Beautiful Girl' is set in a beautiful city". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved March 11, 2014.