Ausgram (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Type||Reserved for SC.|
|Lok Sabha constituency||41. Bolpur (SC)|
|Electorate (year)||195,953 (2011)|
In the 2011 election, Basudeb Mete of CPI(M) defeated his nearest rival Chanchal Kumar Mondol of Congress.
|INC||Chanchal Kumar Mondal||67,767||38.94||+10.42#|
|Independent||Nihar Kumar Hazra||3,989|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages in 2006 taken together.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||8||13|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 5 (See template talk page for details)
Kartick Chandra Bag of CPI(M) won the Ausgram (SC) assembly seat in 2006, 2001 and 1996, defeating his nearest rivals Chhaya Chowdhuri of Trinamool Congress, Sukumar Mondal of Trinamool Congress and Sukumar Saha of Congress, in the respective years. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Sreedhar Malik of CPI(M) won the seat in 1991, 1987, 1982 and 1977, defeating his nearest rivals, Chhaya Rani Chowdhury of Congress, Biswambhar Mondal of Congress, Chanchal Kumar Modal of Congress and Madan Lohar of Janata Party, in the respective years.
Sridhar Malik of CPI(M) won the seat in 1972 and 1971. Krishna Chandra Halder won it 1969 and 1967. In 1962, it was won by Kanai Lal Das of Congress. In 1957, the first year when this constituency was formed, it had two seats, one general and the other reserved for SC. From 1962, it became a constituency reserved for SC. In 1957, the winners were Ananda Gopal Mukherjee and Kanai Lal Das both of Congress.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Ausgram". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Ausgram. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Ausgram. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "267 - Ausgram Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-29.