National Highway 19 (India)
Durgapur Expressway - NH 19
|Length||1,269.7 km (789.0 mi)|
|States||Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal|
|Kanpur, Fatehpur,Prayagraj, Varanasi, Mughalsarai, Mohania, Sasaram, Aurangabad, Dobhi, Barhi, Bagodar, Gobindpur, Asansol, Durgapur|
National Highway 19 (NH 19) is a national highway in India. It was previously referred to as Delhi–Kolkata Road and is one of the busiest national highways in India. After renumbering of national highways, Delhi to Agra route is now national highway 44 and Agra to Kolkata route is numbered national highway 19. It constitutes a major portion of the historical Grand Trunk Road. It is also part of AH1 of Asian Highway Network, that traverses from Japan to Turkey.
The lengths of the highway in each state are:
- Uttar Pradesh: 655.2 km (407.1 mi)
- Bihar: 206 km (128 mi)
- Jharkhand: 199.8 km (124.1 mi)
- West Bengal: 208.7 km (129.7 mi)
National Highways Development Project
- Almost all of the 1,269.7 km (789.0 mi) stretch of NH 19 has been selected as a part of the Golden Quadrilateral by the National Highways Development Project.
- Approximately 35 km (22 mi) stretch of NH 19 between Barah and Kanpur has been selected as a part of the East-West Corridor by the National Highways Development Project.
NH 19 starts at Agra from its junction with NH-44 connecting Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanashi in the State of Uttar Pradesh, Mohania, Aurangabad, Dobhi in the State of Bihar, Barhi, Bagodar, Gobindpur in the State of Jharkhand, Asansol, Palsit and terminating at its junction with NH-16 near Kolkata in the State of West Bengal.
From Agra to Kolkata the toll plazas are as follows: Uttar Pradesh Tundla, Gurau Semra Atikabad, Anantram, Barajod, Badauri, Katoghan, Prayagraj Bypass (Khokhraj), Lalanagar, Daffi,Varanasi Bihar Mohania, Sasaram, Saukala Jharkhand Rasoiya Dhamna, Ghangri, Beliyad West Bengal Durgapur, Palsit and Dankuni.
Major cities on/off NH 19
- Uttar Pradesh
- Babarpur Ajitmal
- West Bengal
- Uttar Pradesh
- NH 48 Terminal near Agra.
- Interchange with Agra Lucknow Expressway near village Kathphori
- NH 234 near Etawah
- NH 719 near Etawah
- NH 519 near Sikandara
- NH 27 near Akbarpur, Kanpur Dehat
- NH 34 near Kanpur
- NH 335 near Fatehpur
- NH 731A near Muratganj
- NH 30 near Allahabad
- NH 330 near Soraon
- NH 319D near Allahabad
- NH 135A near Aura
- NH 35 near Varanasi
- NH 219 near Chandauli
- NH 24 near Saiyad Raja
- NH 219 near Mohania
- NH 319 near Mohania
- NH 119 near Dehri
- NH 139 near Aurangabad
- NH 22 near Dobhi
- NH 20 near Barhi
- NH 522 near Bagodar
- NH 114A near Dumri
- NH 18 near Gobindpur
- NH 419 near Gobindpur
- West Bengal
- NH 419 near Kulti
- NH 14 near Raniganj
- NH 114 near Bardhaman
- NH 116A near Bardhaman
- NH 16 Terminal near Kolkata.
- List of National Highways in India
- List of National Highways in India by state
- Howrah-Gaya-Delhi line railway track connecting Delhi and Kolkata
- National Highway 2 (India, old numbering)
- Grand Trunk Road
- "Rationalisation of Numbering Systems of National Highways" (PDF). New Delhi: Department of Road Transport and Highways. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "Route substitution (ammendments) for national highways 9, 19, 44 and 48 dated February 2017" (PDF). The Gazette of India. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
- "New Numbering of National Highways notification - Government of India" (PDF). The Gazette of India. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "State-wise length of National Highways (NH) in India". Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
-  National Highways-Source-National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- "Toll Calculator". Toll between. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Highway 19.|
|This Indian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|