Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau
|Jurisdiction||City of Beijing|
The Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau (Chinese: 北京市公安局; pinyin: Běijīng Shì Gōng'ānjú) is a department of the municipal government of Beijing. It serves as the city's public security bureau and police department. The headquarters is in Qianmen, Dongcheng District.
In 2010 the agency started a new public relations program by allowing Hong Kong and Macau media to attend press conferences and adding new spokespersons. All police officers of the Beijing police are armed with a variety of guns on the beat, e.g. QSZ-92, QSW-06, officers in special units carry shotguns and SWAT members are armed with rifles, submachine guns and many more.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)
- On 17 August 2011Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau AW109E police helicopter crashed into Miyun reservoir in Miyun County, Beijing. Three crewmen were killed and one crewman got severely hurt.:
- "Home Archived November 29, 2014, at the Wayback Machine" (English). Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau. Retrieved on November 21, 2014. "Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau No.9, Dongdajie, Qianmen, Dongcheng District, Beijing" Address in Chinese Archived 2017-05-31 at the Wayback Machine: "北京市公安局 地址：北京市东城区前门东大街9号 邮政编码：100740"
- Han, Bingbin. "Beijing police department puts faces to new PR efforts" (Archive). China Daily. July 21, 2010. Retrieved on November 21, 2014.
- "北京警用直升机坠落水库牺牲4民警被批准为烈士" [Beijing police helicopter crashed; 4 policemen were approved as martyrs]. Xinhua News Agency. 2011-08-25. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau
- (in Chinese) Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau
- "Beijing Municipal Bureau of Public Security" Beijing International, eBeijing (City of Beijing Municipal Website).
|This China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|