|State owned company|
|Headquarters||Xicheng District, Beijing, China|
|Yin Jiaxu (Chairman)
Wen Gang (President)
Number of employees
|China North Industries Corporation|
|Alternative Chinese name|
The China North Industries Corporation, officially abbreviated as Norinco, is a Chinese company that manufactures vehicles (trucks, cars and motorcycles), machinery, optical-electronic products, oil field equipment, chemicals, light industrial products, explosives and blast materials, civil and military firearms and ammunition. Norinco is also involved in domestic civil construction projects.
Norinco is also known outside of China for its (high-tech) defense products. Norinco produces precision strike systems, amphibious assault weapons and equipment, long-range suppression weapon systems, anti-aircraft & anti-missile systems, information & night vision products, high-effect destruction systems, fuel air bombs, anti-riot equipment and small arms.
Established in 1980 with the approval of the State Council of China, China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) is an enterprise group engaged in both products and capital operation, integrated with R&D, manufacturing, marketing, and services. NORINCO mainly deals with defense products, petroleum & mineral resources development, international engineering contracting, optronic products, civilian explosives & chemical products, sports arms & equipment, vehicles and logistics operation, etc. NORINCO has been ranked among the forefront of China’s 500 largest state-owned enterprises in terms of total assets and revenue.
Trade disputes with the United States
In 1993, the import of most Norinco firearms and ammunition into the United States was blocked under new trade rules when China's permanent normal trade relations status was renewed. The prohibition did not apply to sporting shotguns or shotgun ammunition however. In 1994, U.S. Customs agents conducted a sting against Atlanta based importers of Norinco firearms.
In August 2003, the Bush Administration imposed sanctions on Norinco for allegedly selling missile-related goods to Iran. These sanctions led to a prohibition on imports into the US of the remaining types of firearms and ammunition not covered by the 1993 ban.
Examples of products manufactured by Norinco
- Type 54, clone of TT-33 Pistol
- Type 64, pistol
- Type 77, pistol
- NP50, clone of Smith & Wesson model 64
- NRP9 Police Revolver， .38 police revolver
- NP-216, 9x19mm revolver
- QSZ-92 (Type 92), pistol
- NP-42, civilian export version of QSZ-92
- NZ-75, clone of CZ 75 pistol
- NP-22 (rename by importer NP226 or NC226) a SIG Sauer P226 pistol first version clone
- M-1911A1, clone of Colt M1911A1 pistol (blue version)
- M-1911A1-P, Government Model version with Mil-spec (USGI) M-1911A1 clone; with the Phosphate finish
- M-1911A1-TT, Two-Tone version of M-1911A1
- 1911A1-Sport-B, Sport version of M-1911A1, with Three dot sighting system, Extended slide release, Front slide serrations, Ambidextrous safety, Raised anti glare rib on slide, Large beavertail grip safety, Lite weight competition hammer, Lightened target trigger, Full length guide rod, The finish is non-reflective satin blue and Extended mag release.
- 1911A1-Sport-TT, Two-Tone version of 1911A1-Sport-B
- M-1911A1C, Combat Commander style pistol
- NP-28, Colt M1911A1 clone in 9x19mm Parabellum with double-column magazine (10 rounds)
- NP-29, Colt M1911A1 clone in 9x19mm Parabellum.
- NP-30, Tactical version version of Colt M1911A1 pistol clone with double column magazines, beavertail grip safety, extended slide release, flat mainspring housing, and extended ambidextrous safety.
- NP-44, Colt M1911A1 clone in .45 ACP with double-column magazine (14 rounds)
- M1911A1 C, Colt M1911A1 Clone in .38 special
- CQ, clone of M16A1 variant of M16 rifle
- M14S or M305, clone of M1A, a civilian version of the M14 rifle
- M93, Colt Woodsman clone in .22LR
- NP-18, clone of FEG P9R
- NR-08, sub machine gun(SMG), clone of Heckler & Koch MP5.
- Type 56 Carbine, clone of Russian SKS semi-automatic rifle
- Type 56 assault rifle, clone of AK-47
- Type 86S bullpup assault rifle
- Type 87 (also known as QLZ87) 35 mm automatic grenade launcher (AGL)
- QBU-88 (Type 88), sniper rifle
- QBZ-95 (Type 95), an assault rifle
- QBZ-03 (Type 03), an assault rifle
- NDM-86, a version of the Dragunov Sniper Rifle that fires .308 Win. ammo or traditional 7.62×54mmR depending on model
- YL-1887L, clone of Winchester Model 1887/1901 lever-action shotgun
- YL-1897, clone of Winchester Model 1897 pump shotgun
- HP9-1, also known as the Norinco 982, clone of Remington 870, a pump-action shotgun
- JW-103/JW-105, bolt action hunting rifles
- JW-14, semi automatic .22 hunting rifle
- JW-15, bolt action .22 hunting rifles, close copy of the BRNO model 2. JW23 is the .22WMR version
- JW-20, Semi automatic .22 takedown hunting rifle, close copy of the Browning takedown.
- JW-21, Lever action .22 hunting rifle
- JW-23, bolt action .22 hunting rifles, same as JW-15 close copy of the BRNO model 2 but .22WMR version
- JW-25, or TU-KKW, bolt action .22 training/hunting rifle, variant of the JW-15, patterned after Mauser KKW
- JW-25a, or TU-G33/40, patterned after G33/40.
- JW-27, bolt action .22 hunting rifle. Variant of the JW-15 with a 2-piece stock.
- 23-2K, a version of the Nudelman-Rikhter NR-23 cannon
- Type 63 Light Amphibious Tank
- Type 99 MBT, a third generation main battle tank
- WZ-523 Wheeled APC
- Type 69 RPG anti-armor rocket launcher, clone of RPG-7
- Type 98 anti-tank rocket 120 mm anti-tank rocket system
- ZM-87, a portable laser disturber
- Main Battle Tank 3000, a third generation main battle tank
- Poly Technologies
- China Aviation Industry Corporation
- China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation
- China Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC)
- China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation
- China State Shipbuilding Corporation
- Aeroengine Corporation of China
- Commission of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense
- Bazalt (Russian Manufacturer of the RPG-7, RPG-29, etc.)
- List of modern armament manufacturers
- Letpadaung Copper Mine