|Born||Benjamin Fredrick Mankiewicz
March 25, 1967
Washington, D.C., U.S.
|Residence||Santa Monica, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Tufts University
|Occupation||Analyst, critic, journalist|
|Spouse(s)||Contessa Kellogg (m. 2005–09)
Lee Russo (m. 2013)
|Relatives||Frank Mankiewicz (father)
Holly Jolley Reynolds (mother)
Josh Mankiewicz (brother)
Tom Mankiewicz (cousin)
Nick Davis (cousin)
Don Mankiewicz (uncle)
Herman Mankiewicz (grandfather)
Joseph L. Mankiewicz (great-uncle)
Benjamin Frederick "Ben" Mankiewicz (born March 25, 1967) is an American television personality. He is a host on Turner Classic Movies and has been a commentator on The Young Turks and What the Flick?!
Mankiewicz was born in Washington, D.C. He is the son of Holly (née Jolley) and Frank Mankiewicz, the cousin of the screenwriter Tom Mankiewicz, grandson of screenwriter Herman J. Mankiewicz, and great-nephew of screenwriter, producer, and director Joseph L. Mankiewicz. He is the brother of NBC News reporter Josh Mankiewicz. His cousin is filmmaker/television producer Nick Davis.
Mankiewicz began his career as a reporter and an anchor for WCSC-TV (a CBS affiliate) in Charleston, South Carolina. He joined WAMI in Miami, Florida in 1998, where he served as anchor of The Times, a daily news magazine show and the station’s highlight program.
Mankiewicz is currently a host of Turner Classic Movies. When he made his debut on TCM in September 2003, he became only the second host hired in the network’s history.
As a film critic, Mankiewicz co-hosted the nationally syndicated television series At the Movies from 2008-2009 and currently co-hosts the on-line film review show What the Flick?! on The Young Turks Network.
He is a regular commentator on the progressive YouTube talk show The Young Turks, which he co-founded with Cenk Uygur, and hosts TYT Sports and What the Flick?!, two spinoff shows on The Young Turks Network.
- Broadcasting – Google Books. Retrieved 2013-07-11 – via Google Books.
- "Ben Mankiewicz Biography". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- "Ben Mankiewicz: Why the World Cup Is Better Than Twilight". The Huffington Post. 2010-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "What Mom taught me... – Inside Dateline". Insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- Bonnett, Margie. "Frank Mankiewicz". People.com. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "Ben's Top Pick for October 2015". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "Ben Mankiewicz". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- TV.com. "Ben Mankiewicz profile". Tv.com. Archived from the original on 2011-09-17. Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- "Home Page - TYT Network". TYT Network. Retrieved 2016-09-30.