Location of Bishan in Chongqing
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||912 km2 (352 sq mi)|
|• Density||640/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Bishan (Chinese: 壁山区; pinyin: Bìshān Qū) is one of the districts of Chongqing, China, with a history of over 2000 years. Bishan is 23 kilometres (14 mi) west of Chenjiaping of Chongqing. Formerly a county, it became a district on 6 June 2014.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Population (2010)|
|Bicheng Subdistrict||璧城街道||Bìchéng Jiēdào||204702|
|Batang Subdistrict||璧泉街道||Bìquán Jiēdào|
|Laifeng Subdistrict||来凤街道||Láifèng Jiēdào|
|Qinggang Subdistrict||青杠街道||Qītáng Jiēdào||78582|
|Dingjia Subdistrict||丁家街道||Dīngjiā Jiēdào||60585|
|Dalu Subdistrict||大路街道||Dàlù Jiēdào||48145|
|Batang Town||八塘镇||Bātáng Zhèn||23851|
|Qitang Town||七塘镇||Qītáng Zhèn||21185|
|Hebian Town||河边镇||Hébiān Zhèn||20037|
|Fulu Town||福禄镇||Fúlù Zhèn||13586|
|Daxing Town||大兴镇||Dàxīng Zhèn||40068|
|Zhengxing Town||正兴镇||Zhèngxìng Zhèn||27804|
|Guangpu Town||广普镇||Guǎngpǔ Zhèn||18002|
|Sanhe Town||三合镇||Sānhé Zhèn||11336|
|Jianlong Town||健龙镇||Jiànlóng Zhèn||18151|
Bishan has a recorded history of over 2000 years.
- In 316 BC, Jiangzhou County (江州县) was established here by the State of Qin.
- In 757, Bishan County was established and administered by Yuzhou.
- In 1102, Bishan was administered by Gongzhou, which is renamed from Yuzhou.
- In 1189, Gongzhou was promoted to Chongqing Fu, which still administered Bishan County.
- In 1259, Bishan County was merged into Ba County.
- In 1483, Bishan County was re-established.
- In 1662, Bishan County was merged into Yongchuan County.
- In 1729, Bishan County was re-established again.
- In 1914, Bishan County was administered by Sichuan province.
- In 1997, Bishan County became part of the newly established Chongqing Municipality.
- In 2014, Bishan County became Bishan District of Chongqing.
Bishan is located in 106°02′E−106°20′E of longitude and 29°17′N−29°53′N of latitude. It is in border with Shapingba District and Jiulongpo District in east, with Jiangjin District of Chongqing in south, with Tongliang County and Yongchuan District of Chongqing in west, with Hechuan District and Beibei District of Chongqing in north.
Its climate belongs to subtropic monsoon weather style, with an annual average temperature of 18.3℃, annual total rainfall of 1231.2mm and frost-free period of 337 days.
Construction of the Bishan Railway Station began in 2012 and is estimated to be completed by late 2014. It will be on the route of the Chengdu–Chongqing Intercity Railway. The railway is scheduled to open for passenger service by June 2015. The railway station will act as a central travel hub for the Bishan area. Once the high-speed line is completed, Bishan will be further integrated into the urban area of Chongqing, as travel time to Chonqing city proper will be reduced to a mere 15 minutes.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- Government website of Bishan (in Simplified Chinese)