Brentwood Bay, British Columbia
Brentwood Bay, is a small village in the municipality of Central Saanich, on the Saanich Peninsula in British Columbia, Canada. It lies north of the city of Victoria, east of the community of Willis Point, and south of the town of Sidney.
Situated on the Saanich Inlet and the Tod Inlet, it includes the Butchart Gardens, the Victoria Butterfly Gardens and the Brentwood Bay Lodge & Spa. Brentwood Bay also includes a BC Ferries dock which connects to Mill Bay. The region also plays host to various wineries and restaurants, and also features hiking and a variety of wildlife in Gowlland Tod Provincial Park.
Brentwood Bay is part of the Central Saanich Municipality (pop. 15,348 (2001)), one of 13 that make up the Greater Victoria area (pop. 344,615 ). It is located on Highway 17A just west of Highway 17 (known locally as the "Pat Bay Highway"), the main route running the length of the Saanich Peninsula. It is also served frequently by the Brentwood-Mill Bay ferry, the MV Klitsa, run by BC Ferries.
- Black Point starring David Caruso in 2001
- The Mermaid Chair starring Kim Basinger in 2004
- Gracepoint television series in 2014 - Remake of UK Broadchurch 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brentwood Bay.|
- "BC Ferries Schedules: Brentwood Bay - Mill Bay(Saanich Peninsula - Vancouver Island)". www.bcferries.com. Retrieved 2019-07-13.
- Akrigg, G. P. (Philip) V.; Akrigg, Helen (2011). British Columbia Place Names (Third ed.). UBC Press. p. 27. ISBN 0774841702. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
|This article about a location on the Coast of British Columbia, Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|