Brookside Village, Texas
|Brookside Village, Texas|
Location of Brookside Village, Texas
|City||December 28, 1959|
|• Type||General Law Type A|
|• Total||2.1 sq mi (5.4 km2)|
|• Land||2.1 sq mi (5.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||52 ft (16 m)|
|• Density||735/sq mi (283.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1377179|
Brookside Village is a city in Brazoria County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,523 at the 2010 census, down from 1,960 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown metropolitan area.
Brookside Village is located along the northern border of Brazoria County at  It is bordered by the city of Pearland on the east, south, and west. To the north in Harris County is the city of Houston.(29.589465, -95.310145).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.1 square miles (5.4 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,960 people, 655 households, and 535 families residing in the city. The population density was 930.8 people per square mile (358.7/km²). There were 708 housing units at an average density of 336.2 per square mile (129.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 74.03% White, 3.11% African American, 0.51% Native American, 0.82% Asian, 20.46% from other races, and 1.07% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 43.62% of the population.
There were 655 households out of which 32.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.9% were married couples living together, 9.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.2% were non-families. 13.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.99 and the average family size was 3.22.
In the city, the population was spread out with 24.9% under the age of 18, 8.8% from 18 to 24, 31.0% from 25 to 44, 22.3% from 45 to 64, and 13.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 117.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 117.3 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $44,650, and the median income for a family was $50,625. Males had a median income of $32,500 versus $27,981 for females. The per capita income for the city was $18,609. About 10.1% of families and 16.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 20.2% of those under age 18 and 5.6% of those age 65 or over.
Primary and secondary schools
Brookside Village is served by Pearland Independent School District.
Brookside Village pupils continue on to Leon H. Sablatura Middle School and Pearland Junior High School west.  Pupils east of Roy Road are zoned to Pearland High School, while pupils west Roy Road are zoned to Glenda Dawson High School. Prior to fall 2007, when Dawson opened, all of Brookside Village was assigned to Pearland High School. All four middle, junior high, and high schools are in the city of Pearland.
Colleges and universities
The city is served by Alvin Community College.
The Pearland Library, in the city of Pearland, is in close proximity to Brookside Village. The library is a part of the Brazoria County Library System.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Brookside Village city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Elementary School Zoning." Pearland Independent School District. Retrieved on January 24, 2010.
- "Middle School Zoning." Pearland Independent School District. Retrieved on January 24, 2010.
- "Junior High School Zoning." Pearland Independent School District. Retrieved on January 24, 2010.
- "High School Zoning." Pearland Independent School District. Retrieved on January 24, 2010.