Can Tho University
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2020)
Trường Đại học Cần Thơ
|President||Hà Thanh Toàn|
|Vice-president||Trần Trung Tính; Trần Ngọc Hải; Nguyễn Hiếu Trung|
Can Tho University (Vietnamese: Trường Đại học Cần Thơ) is a public research university in Can Tho, Vietnam. Established in 1966, it is a multidisciplinary university and a leading university in the Mekong Delta. Can Tho University is a leading agricultural research center in Vietnam. Can Tho University has nine colleges and three research institutes.
At present, the total number of CTU staff is around 2,000, including 1,203 lecturers (233 PhDs and 653 Masters, constituting to 73.6% of staff members with postgraduate degrees). The current training capacity of CTU is more than 45,000 students involving full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students, part-time as well as distance-learning ones. CTU possesses approximately 100 training programs and branches of undergraduate including 2 advanced training programs in English, 45 Master training programs (in which 1 program is a joint-ventured training field with foreign partners and 3 programs are taught in English) and 16 PhD ones, together with 2 training programs of junior college.
Up to now, Can Tho University (CTU) has 17 units for academic training (8 colleges, 7 schools, 1 high school, 1 unit for academic training) and several other support departments.
This is a list of colleges the university has:
- College of Agriculture
- College of Aquaculture and Fisheries
- College of Economics
- College of Engineering Technology
- College of Environment and Natural Resources
- College of ICT
- College of Rural Development
- College of Natural Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Foreign Languages
- School of Graduate
- School of Pre-University
- School of Political Science
- School of Social Sciences and Humanities
- School of Law
High school and academic training
- High school Teacher Practice
- Department of Physical Education
Centers and institutes
- Cantho University Software Center (CUSC)
- Academic Department
- Software Department
- Plan and Business Department
- Center for Foreign Languages
- Academic Department
- Administration Department
- Offices located in Campuses 1, 2, 3 and a contact staff in Campus 4 (Hoa An)
- Cooperative Training Center
- Center of National Defense Education
- Biotechnology Research and Development Institute]
- Mekong Delta Development Research Institute]
- Research Institute for Climate Change
- "Can Tho University". Times Higher Education (THE). 2020-02-04. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- "Can Tho University". Times Higher Education (THE). 2020-02-04. Retrieved 2020-04-02.
- Bapna, Arun (2017-05-21). "Can Tho University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Viet Nam". MBBS Admission Process 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- Nguyen, Van Thang (December 2008). "Final Evaluation of the CTU-IUC partner programme - Can Tho University" (PDF). Retrieved 3 April 2020.