Map of Ilocos Norte showing the location of Carasi
|Region||Ilocos (Region I)|
|• Mayor||Rene Villa Gaspar|
|• Total||82.97 km2 (32.03 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||19/km2 (49/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)77|
|Income class||5th class; rural|
Carasi is a fifth class municipality in the province of Ilocos Norte, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 1,567 people, making it the least populous municipality in the province.
Carasi is a land-locked town situated in the eastern border of Ilocos Norte. It has an area of 157.48 km2. Vintar is situated in the north of Carasi, Calanasan in the east, Nueva Era in the south and Piddig in the west. It is in the foot of the Cordillera Mountains.
- Barbaqueso (Poblacion)
|Population census of Carasi|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Carasi was 1,567 people, with a density of 19 inhabitants per square kilometre or 49 inhabitants per square mile.
As of the term 2013-2016, these are the elected officials of Carasi:
- Mayor: Rene V. Gaspar
- Vice Mayor: Villamor G. Julian
- Nestor S. Julian
- Eric P. Advincula
- Domingo R. Pumaras
- Joepat P. Aguibay
- Edgar S. Sueb
- Rhelly S. Rivac
- Clemente P. Abal
- Rey Transfiguracion
Shield, denotes that Carasi is within the Province of Ilocos Norte
Deer, represents hunting as means of livelihood of the townspeople
Pine Tree, stands for the forest products that abound in the town
Center Design, signifies defense and protection (shield); hardwork (bolo); and patriotism and bravery (spear).
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Province: Ilocos Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Province of Ilocos Norte". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- Pasyalan Ilocos Norte
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Ilocos region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|