|Home town||Cary, North Carolina, U.S.|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight||111 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
Cruise was born in Atlanta, Georgia and raised in Cary, North Carolina. She is of Cherokee and Welsh descent. She was home schooled during her childhood and went to Cary High School. In 2009, she enrolled at East Carolina University, majoring in psychology and pre-law. While in school, she was heavily involved in Greek life, pledging a sorority as a freshman. In late 2013, she left her psychology studies at ECU to pursue a full-time career in the adult industry. Prior to becoming an adult film performer, she worked as a Hooters girl and lifeguard.
Cruise began working as an erotic model in the summer of 2013. She made her porn debut in August of that year after contacting the Florida-based talent agency East Coast Talents. She moved to Los Angeles in March 2014 and signed with the agency Spiegler Girls in June. That same month, she was featured in AVN’s “fresh” issue.
Cruise has appeared in several features, including "Mrs. Polito" in American Hustle XXX from Smash Pictures and as a stepsister in Cinderella XXX. She was cast as the lead in director Jacky St. James’ romance feature, Second Chances, produced by New Sensations.
In 2015, Cruise became the second performer to ever win AVN Awards for Best New Starlet and Best Actress in the same year, after Jenna Jameson in 1996. In October 2015, she signed an exclusive one-year contract with Axel Braun Productions.
On November 1, 2014, it was announced that gonzo company Airerose Entertainment had selected Cruise to be their brand ambassador and spokesmodel.
Cruise is pursuing a career as a DJ/producer. On January 19, 2015, Cruise released her first track, "DUNNIT", a collaboration with Styles&Complete and Crichy Crich, for Buygore Records. In an interview, Cruise stated that she is working on several songs and has also done some writing for various outlets, including sex advice blogs.
Cruise is also friends with fellow collegiate porn actress Belle Knox. Encouraged by her father, Cruise contacted Knox because she believed that she was "one of the few people who could really understand what she was going through." With regard to the publicity that Knox received, Cruise commented that she was "disgusted and appalled by the way civilized society tormented an 18-year-old woman for being sexual. The whole affair really demonstrated how important it is that we improve sexual education and tackle stigmas, as well as foster compassion and empathy between people."
In a 2014 interview for the online edition of Cosmopolitan magazine, she revealed that she has always wanted to be in the entertainment industry. She went on to say that she had not originally intended to go to college but did so to continue a relationship with a man she was dating. After taking a semester off to assess and plan her future, she came up with the concept of "Carter Cruise" as a brand and as a means to accomplish her goals with regards to writing, acting, music, and fashion. Cruise stated, "How can I do all of these things in one lifetime? Porn was the first step because it gave me the capital and the connections to not only build my brand but also to lay the foundations for other creative things that I wanted to get involved in."
She stated in an interview that both of her parents know about her career choice and are supportive. Cruise, who describes her father as "the biggest feminist", said that growing up he set up meetings for her with women CEOs, writers, architects, and entrepreneurs. She also states that she was "100 percent aware of the stigma of porn when I made the decision to do it. What I'm doing is risky and I totally understand that and I understood the risk. A year ago I was sitting in class wondering what the hell I was going to do with my life and last night I got nine AVN nominations. You're in this whirlwind of experiences. I could write a book on the past year alone. I plan to do that actually."
Cruise commented in an interview that she has had relationships with both men and women. Her first experience with another woman was with one of her sorority sisters and best friend in college.
Awards and nominations
|2015||Won||Best Actress||Second Chances|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene (with Samantha Saint & Penny Pax)||Cinderella XXX: An Axel Braun Parody|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene (with Anikka Albrite, Dana DeArmond, Sara Luvv, Marina Angel & Cati Parker)||Twisted Fate|
|Nominated||Best Double Penetration Sex Scene (with Ramon Nomar & Erik Everhard)||Meet Carter|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene (with Dani Daniels, Candice Dare, Aidra Fox, Jillian Janson & Manuel Ferrara)||Manuel Ferrara's Reverse Gangbang 2|
|Won||Best New Starlet||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Oral Sex Scene (with Penny Pax)||Cinderella XXX: An Axel Braun Parody|
|Nominated||Best Three-Way Sex Scene – B/B/G (with Van Wylde & Kurt Lockwood)||American Hustle XXX Porn Parody|
|2016||Nominated||Best Actress||Waiting on Love|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene (with Adriana Chechik, Jelena Jensen & Tara Morgan)||The Turning|
|Nominated||Best Anal Sex Scene (with Flash Brown)||Carter Cruise Obsession|
|Nominated||Best Boy/Girl Sex Scene (with Derrick Pierce)||Batman v Superman XXX: An Axel Braun Parody|
|Nominated||Best Double Penetration Sex Scene (with Ramon Nomar & Toni Ribas)||All Access Carter Cruise|
|Nominated||Best Girl/Girl Sex Scene (with Jessie Andrews)||Jessie Loves Girls|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene (with Anikka Albrite, Skin Diamond, Dahlia Sky, Adriana Chechik & Mick Blue)||Mick Blue Is One Lucky Bastard|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene (with Bill Bailey, Chris Strokes, Jessy Jones, John Strong, Mark Wood & Ramon Nomar)||Slut Puppies 9|
|Nominated||Best Oral Sex Scene||Facialized 2|
|Won||Best Three-Way Sex Scene – Boy/Boy/Girl (with Flash Brown & Jason Brown)||Carter Cruise Obsession|
|Nominated||Best Three-Way Sex Scene – G/G/B (with Jessa Rhodes & Manuel Ferrara)||Fluid 3|
|Nominated||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Mainstream Star of the Year||N/A|
|2014||Won||Best New Starlet (Fan Choice)|
|2015||Nominated||Best Female Performer|
|2015||Won||Best New Starlet||N/A|
|Won||Best Actress – Feature Movie||Second Chances|
|Nominated||Best Actress – Couples-Themed Release||Happy Anniversary|
|Won||Best Actress – All-Girl Release||Lesbian Vampire Academy|
|Nominated||Best Supporting Actress||American Hustle XXX|
|Nominated||Best Scene – Feature Movie (with Chad White)||Second Chances|
|Nominated||Best Scene – All-Girl (with A.J. Applegate)||Fucking Girls 8|
|2016||Nominated||Female Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Best Sex Scene – Couples-Themed Release (with Marcus London)||Forbidden Affairs: The Stepdaughter 3|
|Won||Best Sex Scene – All-Girl (with Jessie Andrews)||Jessie Loves Girls|
|Nominated||Best Sex Scene – All-Girl (with Adriana Chechik, Abella Danger & Phoenix Marie)||Buttslammers|
|Nominated||Best Sex Scene – All-Girl (with Kayden Kross)||Carter Cruise Wide Open|
|2015||Nominated||Best Actress||Second Chances|
Send Moods (2018 EP)
- Robin Leach (January 20, 2015). "Carter Cruise, 'the Meryl Streep of Porn,' leads AVN Awards with 9 nods". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Gabriel Lan (November 27, 2014). "Carter Cruise: "I hate the feeling of clothes restricting me"". IAFD. Retrieved March 14, 2015.
- Carter Cruise at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Jonny Coleman (August 12, 2015). "A Playboy Conversation with Adult Film's Newest Star, Carter Cruise". Playboy. Archived from the original on August 15, 2015. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- "Honing her DJ skills". Total Frat Move. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Kernes, Mark. "Carter Cruise Talks to Cosmo About Porn and Life Beyond It". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Wischhover, Cheryl. "How This College Student Became a Successful Porn Star Overnight "I had always wondered if I had a weird vagina". Cosmopolitan. Hearst Communications, Inc. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Dan Miller (February 6, 2015). "Carter Cruise Talks XBIZ Awards, Future". XBIZ. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- "Up and Coming starlets". avn.com. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "American Hustle". avn.com. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Cinderella XXX". avn.com. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "AVN - New Sensations Romance Title 'Second Chances' Arrives".
- Peter Warren (March 5, 2015). "Interview: Carter Cruise on Twin Wins for New Starlet, Actress". AVN. Retrieved March 5, 2015.
- Peter Warren (October 30, 2015). "Axel Braun Signs Carter Cruise to Exclusive Contract". AVN. Retrieved October 30, 2015.
- "Fleshbot - Pure Filth - Sex Culture".
- "First Single". Total Frat Move. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Trew, Tyler. "Styles&Complete Ft. Crichy Crich & Carter Cruise – Dunnit". YourEDM.com. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "Mens Mag interview". Mens Mag Daily. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2015 AVN Awards". AVN. January 24, 2015. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "2015 AVN Award Nominees". AVN Awards. Archived from the original on November 25, 2014. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "2016 AVN AWARD NOMINATIONS". AVN Awards. Archived from the original on November 20, 2015. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2016 AVN Awards". AVN. January 23, 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- Bob Johnson (October 13, 2014). "NightMoves Awards Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- AVN Staff (July 16, 2015). "NightMoves Magazine Announces 2015 Awards Nominees". AVN. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- Dan Miller (January 16, 2015). "2015 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- Lila Gray (November 12, 2014). "XBIZ Announces Movies & Production Nominees for 2015 XBIZ Awards". XBIZ. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "2016 Nominees". XBIZ Awards. Archived from the original on January 1, 2013. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- Rhett Pardon (January 16, 2016). "2016 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- Dan Miller (March 3, 2015). "2015 XRCO Award Nominees Announced". XBIZ. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- Peter Warren (April 11, 2015). "XRCO Announces Winners of 2015 Awards". AVN. Retrieved April 12, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carter Cruise.|