September 14, 1959 |
Cherry Point, North Carolina, U.S.
|Other names||Kimberly Patton, Ashlyn Gear, Ashley Gere, Kimberly Marshall, Kimberly Ashlyn Gere|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
|No. of adult films||194 (per IAFD)|
Ashlyn Gere (born September 14, 1959) is the stage name of an American former pornographic actress who performed in both heterosexual and lesbian films and also an actress in mainstream film and television. For her adult film work, Gere is an inductee into the AVN and XRCO Halls of Fame. For her mainstream work, she is best known for her appearances on the science fiction television series The X-Files and Space: Above and Beyond.
Gere was born on September 14, 1959, in Cherry Point, North Carolina and she moved to Las Vegas, Nevada at age 3. She graduated from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and double majored in Theatre Arts and Communications.
In the 1980s Gere appeared in several B movies, such as 1987's Creepozoids, in which she plays the character "Kate". She acted under the name Kimberly Patton in the television series Space: Above and Beyond from 1995 to 1996; she also appeared under that name in episodes of Silk Stalkings and Millennium. She has also appeared under the Patton name in the films The One and Willard. She began acting in pornographic films in around 1990 and continued to appear in mainstream minor roles such as her appearance in The X-Files in 1994 in the episode "Blood" where she was credited as Kimberly Ashlyn Gere.
As an adult actress, she appeared in nearly 200 films and videos along with directing two videos from 1990 until 2003. Early in her career Gere was nominated for and won several major adult industry awards such as the FOXE, XRCO, and AVN Awards. In the latter half of the 90s, she slowed down on her adult video work and mainly toured as an exotic dancer.
- 1993 Best Actress – Film for Chameleons
- 1993 Best Actress – Video for Two Women
- 1993 Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Film for Chameleons (with Deidre Holland)
- 1993 Best Group Scene – Video for Realities 2 (with Marc Wallice and T. T. Boy)
- 1993 Female Performer of the Year
- 1995 Best Actress – Film for The Masseuse 2
- 1995 Best Actress – Video for Body & Soul
- 1995 Best Couples Sex Scene – Video for Body & Soul (with Mike Horner)
- AVN Hall of Fame
- 1992 Best Actress (Single Performance) for Chameleons: Not The Sequel
- 1992 Best Couples Sex Scene for Chameleons: Not The Sequel (with Rocco Siffredi)
- 1992 Best Girl-Girl Scene for Chameleons: Not The Sequel (with Deidre Holland)
- 1992 Female Performer of the Year
- XRCO Hall of Fame
- 2003 Best Actress – Video for Crime & Passion
- McTeague (January 2000). "90's porn goddess Ashlyn Gere". Xtreme. Archived from the original on July 11, 2000. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- Weatherford, Mike (2 November 1997). "Porno for Profits". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on 17 September 2000. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- Staff. "The X-Files: Season 2, Episode 3 "Blood" (30 Sep. 1994)". Amazon via IMDb. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Bianculli, David (30 September 1994). "Murder and mayhem in and on the air". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- Staff. "Ashlyn Gere: Actress |, Writer, Miscellaneous Crew". Amazon via IMDb. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Staff. "Ashlyn Gere". Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Archived from the original on 20 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-30.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on 20 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "Adult Video Awards" Archived October 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., CanBest.com. Retrieved 23 December 2007.
- "9th annual XRCO Winners" Archived July 20, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., Xrco.com. Retrieved 23 December 2007.
- "Evil Angel, The Fashionistas Dominate Adam Film World 2002 Movie Awards". AVN. 2003-05-01. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashlyn Gere.|