|Municipality of Cataingan|
Map of Masbate with Cataingan highlighted
|Region||Bicol Region (Region V)|
|Barangays||36 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Felipe Cabataña|
|• Electorate||26,288 voters (2016)|
|• Total||191.64 km2 (73.99 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||260/km2 (680/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)56|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||137,486,709.15 (2016)|
It is about 77 kilometres (48 mi) southeast of Masbate City.
In 1948, Placer, then a barrio of this town, was separated as a town by virtue of Republic Act No. 292, passed June 16, 1948. Three years later, in 1951, the barrios of Limbuhan, Guindawahan, Palho, Casabangan, Salvacion, Alegria, Tanke, Bundukan, Bugtong, and Cabangrayan were separated from Cataingan and created into the town of Limbuhan.
- San Isidro
- San Jose
- San Pedro
- San Rafael
- Santa Teresita
- Santo Niño
- Villa Pogado
|Population census of Cataingan|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Cataingan was 50,327 people, with a density of 260 inhabitants per square kilometre or 670 inhabitants per square mile.
People from Cataingan
- Bea Santiago - Miss International 2013
- Noel Gonzales Lumague - first Cataingeno licensed geologist September 1999
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Masbate". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An act creating the municipality of Placer in the province of Masbate". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- "An Act Creating the Municipality of Limbuhan in the Province of Masbate". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region V (Bicol Region)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Masbate". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Informations about Cataingan
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Bicol Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|