Center Township, Grant County, Indiana
Location of Center Township in Grant County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||25.05 sq mi (64.9 km2)|
|• Land||24.93 sq mi (64.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.48%|
|Elevation||837 ft (255 m)|
|• Density||938.7/sq mi (362.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453178|
Center Township is one of thirteen townships in Grant County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 23,406 and it contained 10,189 housing units. It is home to the Veterans Administration Medical Center.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.05 square miles (64.9 km2), of which 24.93 square miles (64.6 km2) (or 99.52%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.48%) is water. The streams of Boots Creek, Deer Creek, Lugar Creek, Massey Creek and Walnut Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township (north)
- Van Buren Township (northeast)
- Monroe Township (east)
- Mill Township (south)
- Franklin Township (west)
- Pleasant Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Burson, Independent Order of Odd Fellows and Marion National.
- "Center Township, Grant County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Grant County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|