Monroe Township, Grant County, Indiana
Small farm scene on State Road 18 east of Marion
Location of Monroe Township in Grant County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.55 sq mi (92.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.51 sq mi (92.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.14%|
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|• Density||47.2/sq mi (18.2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453638|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.55 square miles (92.1 km2), of which 35.51 square miles (92.0 km2) (or 99.89%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.14%) is water. Lakes in this township include Lake Marion. The streams of Ball Run, Club Run, Little Walnut Creek, Monroe Prairie Creek and Sports Run run through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Van Buren Township (north)
- Jackson Township, Wells County (northeast)
- Washington Township, Blackford County (east)
- Licking Township, Blackford County (southeast)
- Jefferson Township (south)
- Center Township (west)
- Mill Township (west)
- Washington Township (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Atkinson.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Grant County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|