Centerpoint Mall (Toronto)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Address||6464 Yonge Street|
|Opening date||June 1, 1966|
|Owner||Revenue Properties Company Limited|
|No. of stores and services||144|
|No. of anchor tenants||4 (1 vacant)|
|Total retail floor area||625,000 sq ft (58,100 m2)|
|No. of floors||1 (2 floors in The Bay)|
Centerpoint Mall (formerly Towne and Countrye Square) is a shopping mall located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on the southwest corner of Steeles Avenue and Yonge Street in the former city of North York.
Centerpoint Mall was known as Towne and Countrye Square at its grand opening in the 1960s until the name change in 1990. In 1966, the mall began with anchors Sayvette, Miracle Mart, and Super City Discount Foods. The Super City (later Loblaws) store was torn down and rebuilt as a Zellers. The Sayvette chain went defunct in 1975 and was converted to Woolco. Woolco closed and the store and was converted to Super Centre, then to Loblaws, then to No Frills. Miracle Mart was converted to Canadian Tire. The Zellers was closed in 2012 when the Zellers leasehold was purchased by Target; the location was closed for about a year before reopening as Target on March 19, 2013. In early 2015, all Target stores across Canada closed. A Lowe's home improvement store opened in the former Target store in late November 2016, but it had closed by the end of February 2019. A Canada Computers store has now been open since November 18, 2019 in the former Lowe's store. With 635,121 square feet (59,004.7 m2) of retail space, it is one of the largest malls in Toronto.
- "Centerpoint Mall General Information" (PDF). Morguard. Retrieved 3 October 2016.
- "Centerpoint Mall - Home". Centerpoint Mall. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- "Historicist: Living the Towne & Countrye Square Life". Retrieved 2018-04-22.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-08-20. Retrieved 2013-03-11.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Evans, Pete (5 November 2018). "Lowe's closing 31 locations in Canada, mainly Rona stores". CBC. Retrieved 10 March 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Centerpoint Mall.|