New Kunming City Hall in Chenggong
Location of Chenggong District (pink) and Kunming City (yellow) within Yunnan province
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||461 km2 (178 sq mi)|
|• Density||760/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC+8)|
Chenggong District (simplified Chinese: 呈贡区; traditional Chinese: 呈貢區; pinyin: Chénggòng Qū) is a city district under the jurisdiction of Kunming, the capital of Yunnan province, China. Chenggong, formerly a county and situated on east bank of the Dian Lake, had its status changed to a district of Kunming in 2011.
Chenggong is the chief zone for Kunming, the downtown of which is almost a 20-minute drive away. It is the site of the new Kunming City Hall, and new campuses for Yunnan University and Yunnan Normal University.
Early in the district's redevelopment, much of the newly constructed housing in Chenggong was unoccupied and was reportedly one of the largest ghost towns in Asia in 2012, in a similar situation to Ordos City and the New South China Mall. It has slowly become occupied, however, in more recent years as Central Kunming has become overcrowded. Some Government departments moved to Chenggong in 2012, and a subway line connecting Chenggong to the city centre opened in 2013. By 2017, the district had become home to many more offices and residents with more redevelopment still on the horizon.
Dounan Flower Market
- List of cities in the People's Republic of China
- List of cities in the People's Republic of China by population
- List of cities in the People's Republic of China by GDP per capita
- Robin Banerji; Patrick Jackson (14 August 2012). "China's ghost towns and phantom malls". BBC News. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- China: No one home, Financial Times, 21 Feb 2010
- "Signs of life in Chenggong: Luolong Park - GoKunming". 8 February 2017. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- Chenggong Industrial Park[dead link]
- Kunming Government[dead link]
- Ryan Li, Minnie Mao (2012-04-10). "Annual turnover of Dounan flowers market reached 3.6 bln yuan". In Kunming. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Dounan Flower Market". Frommer's Review. New York Times. Archived from the original on 2013-01-30. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Official government site
- Area Code and Postal Code in Yunnan Province
- Chenggong, one of the largest new ghost town in Asia