|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$680,700 (KES:58.85 million) (2013)|
|Total assets||US$84.535 million (KES:7.309 billion) (2013)|
Credit Bank Limited (CBL), commonly referred to as Credit Bank, is a commercial bank in Kenya, the largest economy in the East African Community. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya, the central bank and national banking regulator.
The bank is a small-sized commercial bank in Kenya, East Africa's largest economy. Prior to 2010, the bank's focus was large corporations and upscale businesspeople. In September 2010, Credit Bank changed strategy and transformed into a retail bank, serving all segments of society and their businesses. As of December 2013[update], Credit Bank's total assets were valued at approximately US$84.535 million (KES:7.309 billion), with shareholders' equity estimated at US$14.3 million (KES:1.238 billion). At that time, the bank was ranked number 38, by assets, out of the 43 licensed commercial banks in Kenya.
The bank was founded in 1986, as a non-bank financial institution (NBFI); Credit Kenya Limited. In 1995, the institution was awarded a commercial banking license and it rebranded to Credit Bank Limited.
The shares of stock of Credit Bank are privately owned. The detailed shareholding in the bank is not widely publicly known.However it is widely speculated former Moi regime cabinet minister Simeon Nyachae owns a majority shareholding in the bank.
The bank maintains networked branches at the following locations:
- Main Branch - Mercantile House, Koinange Street, Nairobi
- Westland Branch - Empress Plaza, Ring Road, Westlands, Nairobi
- Industrial Area Branch - 53 Butere Road, Industrial Area, Nairobi
- Lavington Branch - Lavington Mall, James Gichuru Road, Lavington, Nairobi
- Kisumu Branch - Swan Centre, Oginga Odinga Road, Kisumu
- Nakuru Branch I - Giddo Plaza, Eldoret-Nakuru Highway, Nakuru
- Nakuru Branch II - Polo Centre, Kenyatta Avenue, Nakuru
- Kisii Branch - Hospital Road, Kisii
- Eldoret Branch - Zion Mall, Uganda Road, Eldoret
- Ongata Rongai Branch - Maasai Mall, Magadi Road, Ongata Rongai
- Machakos Branch - Mbolu-Malu Road, Machakos
- Thika Branch - Second Floor, Biashara Plaza, Maama Ngina Street, Thika
- Nyali Branch - Nyali Centre, Link Road, Nyali
- CBK, . "Directory of Commercial Banks And Mortgage Finance Companies" (PDF). Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- CBL, . "Audited 31 December 2013 Financial Statements And Other Disclosures" (PDF). Credit Bank Limited (CBL). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Bankelele, . "Kenya Banks Rankings By Assets In 2013". Bankelele.Co.Ke. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- CBL, . "History of Credit Bank Limited". Credit Bank Limited (CBL). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- CBL, . "The Branch Network of Credit Bank Limited". Credit Bank Limited (CBL). Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Website of Central Bank of Kenya
- Website of Credit Bank Limited
- Kenya Eases Pain of Loan Defaulters, Alters Credit Bureau Rules