Victoria Commercial Bank
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||US$4.06 million (KES:350.5 million) (2012)|
|Total assets||US$120 million (KES:10.332 billion) (2012)|
The bank maintains three offices in Nairobi, Kenya's capital. The main branch is located at Victoria Towers, in the upscale neighborhood of Upper Hill. The coordinates of the headquarters of Victoria Commercial Bank are:1°18'04.0"S, 36°48'56.0"E (Latitude:-1.301111; Longitude:36.815556).
Victoria Commercial Bank was established in 1987 as Victoria Finance Company, a non-bank finance institution (NBFI). In 1996, following the issuance of a banking license by the Central Bank of Kenya, the company rebranded to Victoria Commercial Bank.
The bank is a Tier III private bank in Kenya, East Africa's largest economy. VCB focuses on serving large corporations and high-net-worth clients. The bank also offers personal banking services to the employees of its corporate clients. As of December 2013[update], Victoria Commercial Bank ranked number twenty-eight, by assets, out of forty-three licensed commercial banks in Kenya. As of December 2012[update], the bank's total assets were valued at about US$120 million (KES:10.332 billion), with shareholders' equity of about US$23.6 million (KES:2.036 billion).
The shares of stock of Victoria Commercial Bank are privately held. The detailed shareholding in the bank is not publicly known as of August 2014.
As of August 2014[update], Victoria Commercial Bank maintains two branches with the head office at Victoria Towers, on Kilimanjaro Avenue, Upper Hill, approximately 4 kilometres (2.5 mi), by road, west of the central business district of Nairobi, Kenya's capital and largest city.
- CBK, . "Central Bank of Kenya: Commercial Banks & Mortgage Finance Institutions". Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Victoria Commercial Bank Headquarters At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- VCB, . "Victoria Commercial Bank: Company Profile". Victoria Commercial Bank (VCB). Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Neptune, Software (20 October 2008). "Kenya's Victoria Commercial Bank Signs for Neptune Platform". Finextra.Com. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Bankelele, . "Kenya Bank Rankings By Assets 2013". Bankelele.Co.Ke. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- VCB, . (21 March 2013). "Audited 31 December 2012 Financial Report" (PDF). Victoria Commercial Bank (VCB). Retrieved 4 August 2014.