Victoria Commercial Bank
|Kanji D Pattni
Yogesh K Pattni
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax: US$7.175 million (KES:713.8 million) (2015)|
|Total assets||US$201.23 million (KES:20.02 billion) (2015)|
Number of employees
The bank maintains three offices in Nairobi, Kenya's capital. The main branch is located at Victoria Towers, in the upscale neighborhood of Upper Hill, 3 kilometres (2 mi) southwest of the central business district of Nairobi, Kenya's capital city. The coordinates of the headquarters of Victoria Commercial Bank are 01°18'03.0"S, 36°48'56.0"E (Latitude:-1.300832; Longitude:36.815560).
Victoria Commercial Bank was established in 1987 as Victoria Finance Company, a non-bank finance institution (NBFI). In 1996, following the issuance of a banking license by the Central Bank of Kenya, the company rebranded to Victoria Commercial Bank.
The bank is a Tier III private bank in Kenya, East Africa's largest economy. VCB focuses on serving large corporations and high-net-worth clients. The bank also offers personal banking services to the employees of its corporate clients. As of December 2015[update], the bank's total assets were valued at about US$201.23 million (KES:20.02 billion), with shareholders' equity of about US$35.3 million (KES:3.512 billion).
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Kanji D. Pattni||
In July 2016, the South African credit rating agency Global Credit Ratings (GCR) rated the bank as BBB with stable outlook. The bank has a history of "operating without a loan default for the last 10 years". During the first 6 months of 2017, VCB declared its first non-performing loan in the past 10 years. The defaulted loan is valued at KSh18.3 million. (approx. US$180,000).
- CBK (13 July 2016). "Directory of Licenced Commercial Banks, Mortgage Finance Institutions And Authorised Non-Operating Bank Holding Companies" (PDF). Nairobi: Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- Globefeed.com (14 July 2016). "Distance between Kenyatta International Conference Centre, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya and Victoria Towers, Nairobi, Kenya". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Google (14 July 2016). "Location of Victoria Commercial Bank Headquarters, Upper Hill, Nairobi, Kenya" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- VCB (14 July 2016). "Victoria Commercial Bank: About Us: Company Profile". Nairobi: Victoria Commercial Bank (VCB). Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Neptune, Software (20 October 2008). "Kenya's Victoria Commercial Bank Signs for Neptune Platform". Finextra.Com. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- VCB (4 March 2016). "Audited 31 December 2015 Financial Report" (PDF). Nairobi: Victoria Commercial Bank (VCB). Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- VCB (31 December 2017). "Victoria Commercial Bank: Significant Shareholders". Nairobi: Victoria Commercial Bank (VCB). Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Ngigi, George (13 July 2016). "Victoria Bank retains rating on clean loans records". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Herbling, David (20 August 2017). "Victoria bank sees first default after 10 years". Daily Nation. Nairobi. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Website of Central Bank of Kenya
- Website of Victoria Commercial Bank
- Victoria Commercial Bank Profit After Tax drops by 17 Percent