Danny Elfman discography
This article does not cite any sources. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- When sorted by "Type of recording / Album", some of the rows are duplicated if each contains more data; score albums are an example of this, and are in addition formatted with text aligned right.
In addition, Elfman has supplied thematic material - except where noted - for films scored by others (names in brackets):
- 1985: Weird Science: title song (Ira Newborn)
- 1991: Pure Luck (Jonathan Sheffer)
- 1992: Army of Darkness: "March of the Dead" (Joseph LoDuca)
- 1994: Shrunken Heads (Richard Band)
- 1997: Scream 2: "Cassandra Aria" and "Cassandra Aria Reprise" (Marco Beltrami)
- 1998: Modern Vampires (Michael Wandmacher)
- 1999: My Favorite Martian: "Uncle Martin's Theme" (John Debney)
- 2001: Heartbreakers (John Debney)
- 2001: Spy Kids (Chris Boardman, John Debney, Gavin Greenaway, Harry Gregson-Williams, Heitor Pereira, Marcel Rodriguez and Robert Rodriguez)
- 2001: Novocaine (Steve Bartek)
- 2007: Spider-Man 3 (Christopher Young, John Debney and Deborah Lurie; also includes material composed by Elfman for the first two films)
- 2010: Kick-Ass: "Walk to Rasul's" (John Murphy, Henry Jackman, Marius de Vries, and Ilan Eshkeri)
He has also written the theme music and occasional episodic scores for several television series, including:
- 1985: Alfred Hitchcock Presents: "The Jar" (directed by Tim Burton)
- 1985: Amazing Stories: "Mummy, Daddy" and "The Family Dog" (with Steve Bartek)
- 1986: Pee-wee's Playhouse (episodes: "Moster", "Cowboy and Cowtess", "Store", and "Pee-Wee Catches A Cold")
- 1986: Sledge Hammer! (theme only)
- 1989: Tales from the Crypt (theme only)
- 1989: Beetlejuice: The Animated Series (theme only)
- 1989: The Simpsons (theme only)
- 1990: The Flash (theme only)
- 1992: Batman: The Animated Series (theme only)
- 1997: Perversions of Science (theme only)
- 1999: Dilbert (theme only, rearrangement of Forbidden Zone)
- 2004: Desperate Housewives (theme only)
- 2005: Point Pleasant (theme only)
His other work includes:
1984: Gratitude- Beverly Hills Cop
- 1987: Music for Sally Cruikshank's Face Like A Frog animated short (suite included on the 1990 Music for a Darkened Theatre, Vol. 1 compilation).
- 1991: Music for Nike’s "Barkley Superhero" animated television commercial (included on the 1996 Music for a Darkened Theatre, Vol. 2 compilation).
- 1996: Music for a 1996/97 Nissan television advertising campaign.
- 1998: Elfman and Steve Bartek provided the music for Gus Van Sant's 1998 remake of Psycho, adapting and recording the original score composed by Bernard Herrmann.
- 1998: Music for a 1998/99 Lincoln/Mercury television advertising campaign.
- 2000: Music for Tim Burton's "Stainboy" animated internet series commissioned by Shockwave.com (selections released on Warner Bros. Records' The Danny Elfman & Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box in 2010).
- 2004: The opening title theme of the 2004 video game Fable.
- 2005: Commissioned by the American Composers Orchestra, Elfman's six-movement orchestral piece Serenada Schizophrana premiered at Carnegie Hall in New York City on February 23, 2005. Sony Masterworks released a separate recording including two additional tracks in 2006, with John Mauceri conducting the Hollywood Studio Symphony orchestra.
- 2006: Elfman's "Overeager Overture" commemorating conductor John Mauceri's tenure with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra premiered September 15, 2006, at the Hollywood Bowl, conducted by Mauceri.
- 2008: American Ballet Theatre and Orange County Performing Arts Center co-commissioned Elfman to write the score for Twyla Tharp's ballet, Rabbit and Rogue, which premiered June 3, 2008, at the Metropolitan Opera House, Lincoln Center. The music was subsequently released on CD in 2017 by Sony Classical. That year LA Film Festival presented the Rabbit and Rogue project, which provided free usage of Elfman's score to filmmakers to create short film projects.
- 2008: Soundtrack to the 2008 video game Lego Batman: The Videogame (various tracks from the soundtrack of the film: Batman).
- 2008: The opening title theme as well as major themes of the 2008 video game Fable II.
- 2009: Incidental music for the Tim Burton exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art in 2009-2010 (selections released on Warner Bros. Records' The Danny Elfman & Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box in 2010).
- 2009: The opening title theme as well as major themes and soundtrack of the 2009 video game Wanted: Weapons of Fate.
- 2010: The opening title theme as well as major themes of the 2010 video game Fable III.
- 2011: Scored Cirque du Soleil’s Iris, which premiered September 25, 2011, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles (released on CD by Cirque Du Soleil Musique).
- 2012: Soundtrack to the 2012 video game Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (various tracks from the soundtracks of the films: Batman and Batman Returns).
- 2013: Music and some vocals for Hong Kong Disneyland attraction Mystic Manor.
- 2016: Scored the "Making of an Oscar" animation, which opened the 78th annual Academy Awards telecast.
- 2016: Inspired by the Second US Presidential debate, Elfman composed a short horror piece called "Trump Stalks Clinton" for Funny or Die.
- 2017: Elfman's first Concerto for Violin and Orchestra, titled "Eleven Eleven", premiered in Prague on June 21, 2017, with violinist Sandy Cameron, conductor John Mauceri and the Czech National Symphony Orchestra.
- 2018: The Berlin Philharmonic Piano Quartet premiered Elfman's first Piano Quartet on February 21, 2018, at the Lied Center for Performing Arts in Lincoln Nebraska.