Avengers: Age of Ultron (soundtrack)
|Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron|
(Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
|Film score by|
|Released||April 28, 2015 (Digital)|
May 19, 2015 (Physical)
|Studio||Abbey Road Studios|
|Marvel Cinematic Universe soundtrack chronology|
Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) is the film score for the Marvel Studios film, Avengers: Age of Ultron by Brian Tyler and Danny Elfman. Hollywood Records released the album digitally on April 28, 2015, and in physical formats on May 19, 2015.
In March 2014, Brian Tyler signed on to compose the film's score, replacing the composer for the first film, Alan Silvestri, while also marking his third film collaboration with Marvel following Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World in 2013. Tyler stated that the score pays homage to John Williams' scores for Star Wars, Superman, and Raiders of the Lost Ark and references the scores for the Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America films in order to create a cohesive musical universe, saying, "That’s the goal for sure. You have to build in nostalgia and do it upfront so you can relate to it." Danny Elfman also contributed music to the score, using Silvestri's theme from the first film to create a new hybrid theme. "The movie is such a large canvas that there were parts that really benefited from his kind of voice," Tyler said of Elfman's contributions. "But also, it needed to all fit together and hang together seamlessly, and that was something we worked really hard on doing."
The score was performed by Philharmonia Orchestra and recorded at Abbey Road Studios in early 2015. In April 2015, Marvel released the track listing and announced that the soundtrack would be released on physical media on May 19, 2015, and digitally on April 28, 2015. The following day, a bonus track composed by Elfman, titled "New Avengers-Avengers: Age of Ultron", was revealed.
|1.||"Avengers: Age of Ultron Title"||Brian Tyler||0:43|
|2.||"Heroes" (not featured in film)||Danny Elfman||2:07|
|3.||"Rise Together"||Brian Tyler||2:23|
|4.||"Breaking and Entering"||Brian Tyler||3:04|
|5.||"It Begins"||Danny Elfman||2:42|
|6.||"Birth of Ultron"||Brian Tyler||3:05|
|9.||"Can You Stop This Thing?"||Danny Elfman||1:03|
|12.||"The Vault"||Brian Tyler||2:58|
|13.||"The Mission"||Brian Tyler||2:48|
|14.||"Seoul Searching"||Brian Tyler||2:48|
|15.||"Inevitability-One Good Eye" (not featured in film)||Danny Elfman||5:07|
|16.||"Ultron Wakes"||Danny Elfman||1:43|
|18.||"The Battle"||Brian Tyler||4:24|
|19.||"Wish You Were Here"||Brian Tyler||1:36|
|20.||"The Farm"||Danny Elfman||1:14|
|21.||"Darkest of Intentions"||Brian Tyler||2:26|
|22.||"Fighting Back"||Brian Tyler||2:33|
|23.||"Avengers Unite"||Danny Elfman||1:08|
|24.||"Keys to the Past"||Brian Tyler||1:48|
|27.||"The Last One"||Brian Tyler||2:14|
|28.||"Nothing Lasts Forever"||Danny Elfman||1:57|
|29.||"New Avengers - Avengers: Age of Ultron"||Danny Elfman||3:09|
Additional music credited in Avengers: Age of Ultron:
|"Themes from Marvel's The Avengers"||Alan Silvestri||Interpolated throughout the film.|
|"Norma, Act I: 'Casta Diva'"||Vincenzo Bellini||Maria Callas, Coro Del Teatro Alla Scala, Milano, Orchestra Del Teatro Alla Scala, Milano, Tullio Serafin||Bruce listens to the song on headphones as the Avengers fly back to the Avengers Tower.|
|"Great Intentions"||Jason French Muniz, Colton Fisher, James Katalbas and Jason Rabinowitz||Damato||During the party at the Avenger Tower.|
|"Liquid Spirit"||Gregory Porter||Gregory Porter||Plays in the background during the Avengers' victory party.|
|"I Can't Get Started"||Ira Gershwin, Vernon Duke||BBC Big Band Orchestra|
|"Evening of Elegance"||Bill Keis|
|"Drum Duel"||Brian Tyler||Brian Tyler||Plays during the contest of lifting Thor's hammer, the Mjolnir.|
|"I've Got No Strings"||Leigh Harline, Ned Washington||Dickie Jones||After its lyrics are first spoken by Ultron, the song plays as he escapes to Baron Wolfgang von Strucker's Sokovia base. He sings the first few lines later on in the film when he ambushes the Avengers after hijacking the Quinjet.|
|"Cinderella, Op. 87 Ballet"||Sergei Prokofiev||Plays during Black Widow's flashbacks to her upbringing at the Red Room.|
|"Berliner Messe: 1. Kyrie"||Arvo Pärt||Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir and the Tallinn Chamber Orchestra||Plays during the aftermath of Pietro's death as Wanda confronts and kills Ultron.|
|"Full Dress Hop"||Gene Krupa, David Roy Eldridge||Gene Krupa & His Orchestra||Plays during Captain America's vision of a party celebrating the end of World War II.|
- "Brian Tyler to Score 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'". Film Music Reporter. March 19, 2014. Archived from the original on March 19, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- Graser, Marc (July 24, 2014). "'Star Wars,' 'Superman' Inspire New 'Avengers' Score". Variety. Archived from the original on July 25, 2014. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- "Danny Elfman to Compose Additional Music for 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'". Film Music Reporter. February 24, 2015. Archived from the original on February 24, 2015. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- 891 ABC Adelaide (March 12, 2015). 891 ABC Adelaide Danny Elfman. SoundCloud. Event occurs at 0:09:13. Archived from the original on March 13, 2015. Retrieved March 13, 2015.
- Horn, John; Lanz, Michelle; Roe, Mike (May 1, 2015). "'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' 'Furious 7' composer Brian Tyler explains the secrets of iconic themes". KPCC. American Public Media Group. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- Philharmonia Orchestra (April 27, 2015). "Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Composer Brian Tyler on recording the soundtrack at Abbey Road Studios". SoundCloud. Back Stage Pass. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
- "Marvel's 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Original Soundtrack Available Digitally April 28". Marvel.com. April 15, 2015. Archived from the original on April 15, 2015. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "iTunes - Music - Avengers: Age of Ultron (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes Store. Retrieved April 27, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Marvel's 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Soundtrack Secret Track". Stitch Kingdom. April 16, 2015. Archived from the original on April 16, 2015. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "The Avengers: Age of Ultron - Song Credits". Soundtrack.Net. Retrieved 1 May 2015.