De La Tierra
|De La Tierra|
|Origin||Brazil, Argentina, Mexico|
|Genres||Alternative metal, groove metal|
|Past members||Flavio Cianciarulo|
De La Tierra is a Latin American metal supergroup formed in late 2012 by Brazilian guitarist Andreas Kisser (of Sepultura), Argentine singer/guitarist Andrés Giménez (of A.N.I.M.A.L.) Argentine Bassist Sr. Flavio (of Los Fabulosos Cadillacs) and Cuban,Colombian, Mexican drummer Alex González (of Maná). Their debut self-titled album was released January 14, 2014 through Roadrunner Records.
The foundations of the group were laid down around 2005 towards the end of A.N.I.M.A.L.'s run when Andrés Giménez and Alex González began discussing the idea of forming a band together, eventually bringing in Sr. Flavio to play bass in 2011 and finalising the lineup in 2012 with the addition of Andreas Kisser on lead guitar. After self-producing their album in several different locations across South America, the group signed to Roadrunner Records and released their debut single, Maldita Historia, on September 30, 2013. The album was released on January 14, 2014.
In 2015 the band performed at the Rock in Rio - one of the largest festivals in the world, if not the greatest - on the Palco Mundo (World Stage) and delighted the public, opening up for Mastodon, Faith No More and Slipknot. The band was described as one of the best shows of the festival. The vocalist, Andrés Giménez, drew the responsibility of the public to talk about the Latin Metal, saying: "That's the De La Tierra, only Latin band of Rock in Rio festival," Giménez said - emphasizing pride by the fact.", after they played "Somos Uno," "Maldita Historia" and "Rostros" - with Kisser raising the public with solos. At one point of the concert, the Argentine went on to say: "I know a lot of people from many countries like mine came to the Rock In Rio festival and it's the world's biggest festival, people of Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Ecuador, we are much Latin Americans.", the band didn't spared to show his pride for being Latin.
- Andrés Giménez - lead vocals, rhythm guitar (2012–present)
- Andreas Kisser - lead guitar, backing vocals, co-lead vocals in Portuguese (2012–present)
- Harold Hopkins - bass guitar, backing vocals (2017–present)
- Alex González - drums (2012–present)
- Flavio Cianciarulo - bass guitar (2012–2017)
- Studio albums
- De La Tierra (2014)
- II (2016)
- Maldita Historia (2013)
- San Asesino (2014)
- New Roadrunner signing De La Tierra features Sepultura’s Andreas Kisser Metal Insider. November 20, 2013. Retrieved January 26, 2014.
- DE LA TIERRA Featuring SEPULTURA Guitarist: Debut Single Available For Streaming Blabbermouth.net. September 30, 2013. Retrieved January 26, 2014.
|This article on a band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|