Deadly Class (TV series)
|Composer(s)||Nathan Matthew David|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||1|
|Producer(s)||John G. Lenic|
|Distributor||Sony Pictures Television|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||January 16, 2019– present|
Deadly Class is an American television action-drama series developed by Rick Remender and Miles Orion Feldsott, based on the comic book series of the same name created by Remender. It stars Benedict Wong, Benjamin Wadsworth, Lana Condor, María Gabriela de Faría, Luke Tennie, Liam James and Michel Duval. The series premiere received a special preview online on December 20, 2018, and on Syfy on December 30, 2018, ahead of its official premiere on January 16, 2019.
- Benedict Wong as Master Lin: The ruthless, no-nonsense headmaster of King's Dominion.
- Benjamin Wadsworth as Marcus Lopez Arguello: King's Dominion's newest addition and Saya's pledge.
- Lana Condor as Saya Kuroki: The leader of the Kuroki Syndicate and Marcus's sponsor.
- María Gabriela de Faría as Maria Salazar: A member of the Soto Vatos and Chico's former girlfriend.
- Luke Tennie as Willie Lewis: Leader of the F.W.O. (First World Order) and Marcus's best friend at King's Dominion.
- Liam James as Billy: A friendly punk rocker who is the son of a corrupt drug smuggling cop.
- Michel Duval as Chico: The leader of the Soto Vatos, and Maria's former boyfriend.
- Henry Rollins as Jürgen Denke
- Taylor Hickson as Petra: A goth hailing from a death cult.
- Siobhan Williams as Brandy Lynn: A racist Southern belle and the leader of the Dixie Mob.
- Sean Depner as Viktor: Notorious for being the son of Joseph Stalin's top assassin.
- Jack Gillett as Lex: An easy going outcast.
- Ryan Robbins as Rory
- Isaiah Lehtinen as Shabnam: Shunned by his peers, Shabnam is the son of a wealthy banker.
- Erica Cerra as Miss De Luca
|No.||Title ||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||Prod.|
|1||"Reagan Youth"||Lee Toland Krieger||Teleplay by : Rick Remender & Miles Orion Feldsott||December 30, 2018[a]||100||0.355|
|2||"Noise, Noise, Noise"||TBA||TBA||January 23, 2019||101||TBD|
|3||"Snake Pit"||TBA||TBA||January 30, 2019||102||TBD|
|4||"Mirror People"||TBA||TBA||February 6, 2019||103||TBD|
Principal casting for the pilot of the series was released by Syfy in November 2017, with Benedict Wong, Benjamin Wadsworth, Lana Condor, María Gabriela de Faría, Luke Tennie, Liam James and Michel Duval announced as the pilot's leads. It was picked up to series by Syfy on April 18, 2018, for a planned 2019 debut.
On the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the series has an approval rating of 59% based on 22 reviews, with an average rating of 6.15/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Despite well executed action and smart casting, Deadly Class struggles to meet the mark set by other spooky teen shows." Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 58 out of 100 based on 13 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
|1||"Reagan Youth"||December 30, 2018||0.1||0.355||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
- The first episode was released as a special preview online and on-demand on December 20, 2018. The series premiere received 598k viewers and a 0.22 18-49 rating.
- "Deadly Class Teaser Trailer". YouTube. October 6, 2018. Retrieved October 7, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (November 9, 2017). "'Deadly Class': Syfy Sets Full Cast For Comic-Based Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 21, 2018.
- "Deadly Class (SYFY) Listings". Futon Critic. Retrieved December 30, 2018.
- Metcalf, Mitch (January 17, 2019). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 1.16.2019". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- Metcalf, Mitch (January 2, 2019). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 12.30.2018". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- Petski, Denise; Andreeva, Nellie (April 18, 2018). "Syfy Picks Up To Series 'Deadly Class' Drama Based On Graphic Novel From The Russo Brothers". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 21, 2018.
- "Deadly Class: Season 1 (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved January 17, 2019.
- "Deadly Class: Season 1". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 17, 2019.