Tran Dong Lan|
May 11, 1997
Cần Thơ, Vietnam
|Residence||Santa Monica, California, U.S.|
|Home town||Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
Lana Therese Condor (born May 11, 1997) is an American actress and dancer. She made her debut as Jubilation Lee / Jubilee in the 2016 superhero film X-Men: Apocalypse and had her first lead role as Lara Jean Covey in the 2018 film adaptation of To All the Boys I've Loved Before. She is set to star as Koyomi K. in the science fiction film Alita: Battle Angel (2018), and will portray Saya Kuroki in the upcoming Syfy drama series Deadly Class.
Condor was born in Cần Thơ, Vietnam and was raised in Chicago, Illinois. She was adopted by American parents, Mary Carol (née Haubold) and Bob Condor, on October 6, 1997, alongside her non-biological brother, Arthur. Condor's name at birth was Tran Dong Lan, but she was baptised Lana Therese Condor after her adoption. Her father is a two-time Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist and the former Vice President of Yahoo! Sports. Condor and her family lived in Whidbey Island, Washington and New York City, before settling in Santa Monica, California when she was 15.
Condor studied ballet as a child, training with the Joffrey Ballet, The Rock School for Dance Education, and the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater. She continued dancing with the Los Angeles Ballet, and also trained at The Groundlings in improvisational theatre. Condor took acting classes at the New York Film Academy and Yale Summer Conservatory for Actors, and in 2014, was a theatre scholar at the California State Summer School for the Arts. As a high school freshman, Condor was educated at the Professional Performing Arts School in New York City. In 2015, she graduated from Notre Dame Academy in Los Angeles. Condor has been accepted to Loyola Marymount University.
Condor made her acting debut as the mutant Jubilation Lee / Jubilee in Bryan Singer's superhero film X-Men: Apocalypse, released on May 27, 2016. She next appeared in Peter Berg's drama film Patriots Day, depicting the events and aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing. The film premiered at AFI Fest and was theatrically released on December 21, 2016. The following year, she co-starred in the romantic thriller television film High School Lover, alongside James Franco and Julia Jones, which premiered on Lifetime on February 4, 2017.
Condor portrayed the lead role of Lara Jean Covey in Susan Johnson's romantic drama film To All the Boys I've Loved Before, based on Jenny Han's young adult novel of the same name. The film was released by Netflix on August 17, 2018. She has been cast as Koyomi K. in Robert Rodriguez's science fiction film Alita: Battle Angel, produced by James Cameron and based on the graphic novel series by Yukito Kishiro. The film is set for release on December 21, 2018.
She is also set to co-star in the coming-of-age romantic comedy Summer Night, alongside Analeigh Tipton and Justin Chatwin, directed by Joseph Cross and produced by James Ponsoldt. Condor has been cast as Saya Kuroki in Syfy's television series Deadly Class, based on the Rick Remender graphic novel series of the same name, opposite Benedict Wong. She is also set to appear in the upcoming sci-fi thriller Warning, opposite Laura Harrier, James D'Arcy and Alex Pettyfer.
|2016||X-Men: Apocalypse||Jubilation Lee / Jubilee|
|2018||To All the Boys I've Loved Before||Lara Jean Covey|
|2018||Alita: Battle Angel||Koyomi K.||Post-production|
|2017||High School Lover||Allison||Television film|
|2019||Deadly Class||Saya Kuroki||Upcoming series|
- Condor, Bob (December 21, 1997). "Journey Of The Heart: How One Couple's Dream Of Having A Family Finally Came True". Chicago Tribune.
- Condor, Lana [@lanacondor] (May 11, 2015). "It's my Bday!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Chang, Kee (November 7, 2015). "Screen Test: Lana Condor". Anthem. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- Bell, Carrie (May 24, 2016). "Young Mutant Power: Meet X-Men: Apocalypse's Alexandra Shipp & Lana Condor". Refinery29. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- Polowy, Kevin (May 26, 2016). "Meet 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Breakout Star Lana Condor". Yahoo! Movies.
- Weik, Taylor (August 31, 2017). "In 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before,' Lana Condor Is the Rom-Com Star She's Always Wanted". NBC News.
- Aldana, Ida (May 10, 2016). "Lana Condor: New Flame". Status. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- Johnson-Hoyle, Kristopher (April 26, 2016). "Breakout Star of X-Men Apocalypse: Lana Condor". Raine. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- "California State Summer School for the Arts: California Art Scholars 2014!". Ovation. May 20, 2014.
- Zemler, Emily (February 23, 2016). "Meet Lana Condor, X-Men's Newest Star". Paper. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (March 25, 2015). "'X-Men: Apocalypse' Casts Newcomer Lana Condor as Jubilee". Variety.
- McNary, Dave (April 7, 2016). "'X-Men' Actress Lana Condor Joins 'Patriots Day' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 13, 2017). "Lifetime Orders Michael Jackson Original Movie, Picks Up James Franco, Viola Davis Films – TCA". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- Spangler, Todd (July 21, 2017). "Lana Condor to Star in 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before' Movie Based on Jenny Han Novel". Variety.
- Jarvey, Natalie (July 21, 2017). "John Corbett, Lana Condor Join 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before' Film (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 21, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (October 11, 2016). "'X-Men' Star Lana Condor Joins James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'". Variety. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- Kroll, Justin (November 13, 2017). "Joseph Cross Teams With James Ponsoldt on Directorial Debut 'Summer Night' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved November 3, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (November 9, 2017). "'Deadly Class': Syfy Sets Full Cast For Comic-Based Drama Pilot". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (September 10, 2018). "Lana Condor And Benedict Samuel Join Cast Of Sci-Fi Thriller 'Warning' – Toronto". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 12, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lana Condor.|