Graham practicing for Kansas
|No. 4 – Greensboro Swarm|
|League||NBA G League|
|Born||February 22, 1995|
Raleigh, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|NBA draft||2018 / Round: 2 / Pick: 34th overall|
|Selected by the Atlanta Hawks|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Devonte' Terrell Graham (born February 22, 1995) is an American professional basketball player for the Greensboro Swarm, on assignment from the Charlotte Hornets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the University of Kansas, where he played point guard.
High school career
Graham attended Needham B. Broughton High School in Raleigh, North Carolina, leading the team to the 4A state championship game and a 26-6 record in 2012-13 while he averaged 15.7 points and 5.4 assists per game. The following season, he transferred to Brewster Academy, in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire, where he averaged 17.2 points and 5.0 assists per game and led the team to the national prep championship. Prior to transferring to Brewster, Graham was not highly recruited and originally committed to Appalachian State. After a good senior year he de-committed and signed with Kansas.
As a freshman, Graham averaged 5.7 points and 2.1 assists per game. He had a season-high 20 points against TCU on February 21, 2015. In the NCAA Tournament, he scored 17 points against Wichita State.
After scoring a then career-high 27 points on 8-of-13 shooting against Oklahoma, Graham was named Big 12 player of the Week for the week of February 14, 2016. At the conclusion of the regular season, Graham was named to the Big 12 All-Defensive Team. He was named MVP of the 2016 Big 12 Men's Basketball Tournament after scoring 27 points against West Virginia in the championship game. As a sophomore in the 2015-16 season, Graham averaged 11.3 points per game while shooting 46 percent overall and 44 percent from 3 point territory.
On February 22, 2017, Graham was arrested for failing to appear in court, resulting from an expired traffic ticket. As a junior, Graham was named to the Second Team All-Big 12. Along with Frank Mason III, Graham formed the backcourt of a Kansas team that went 31-5 but lost in the Elite Eight, as Graham shot 0 for 7 from the field and missed six 3-pointers in a season-ending 74-60 loss to Oregon. For the season, he averaged 13.4 points, 4.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game. In April, Graham announced on Twitter that he was returning for his senior year.
In his senior season, Graham was named the preseason Big 12 Player of the Year for the 2017–18 season. On November 28, Graham scored a career high 35 points in a 96-58 win over Toledo. The following game, a 76-60 win over Syracuse, Graham again scored 35 points. Graham would go on to be unanimously selected as the Big 12 Player of the Year, averaging 17.6 points and 7.2 assists per game as a senior. He was also named a consensus member of the First Team All-America by multiple organizations. During his senior season, he averaged about 38 minutes a game.
Graham was drafted in the 2nd round, 34th overall, in the 2018 NBA draft by the Atlanta Hawks but then was traded to the Charlotte Hornets for two second round picks. In the Hornets' first three summer league games, Graham averaged 10 points and six assists per game. However, he missed the rest of the summer league with a knee injury. Graham made his NBA debut on October 22, 2018 against the Toronto Raptors, scoring no points and recording one assist in five and a half minutes of play.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Devonte' Graham". Kansas Jayhawks. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Newell, Jesse (May 12, 2016). "Appalachian State coach who let Devonte' Graham go says he has no regrets". Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- "Wins Over Ranked Foes Help Graham, Burton To Weekly Honors". Big 12 Sports. February 15, 2016. Retrieved February 15, 2016.
- "Nation's Best Lead All-Big 12 Men's Basketball Awards". Big 12 Sports. March 6, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "No. 1 Kansas overcomes No. 9 West Virginia to capture Big 12 title". ESPN. Associated Press. March 12, 2016. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Bedore, Gary (September 19, 2016). "Devonté Graham's personality and play pleases Self, youngsters alike". Kansas City Star. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Trotter, Jake. In big moments, Devonte' Graham has been Kansas' X factor all season, ESPN, March 26, 2018.
- Boone, Kyle (February 23, 2017). "Kansas' Devonte' Graham arrested shortly after Jawhawks clinch Big 12 title". CBS Sports. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- "Three Teams Lead Men's Basketball Awards". Big 12 Sports. March 5, 2017. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Galloway, Matt (April 9, 2017). "KU basketball guard Devonte' Graham returning for senior season". Topeka Capital-Journal. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Tait, Matt (October 13, 2017). "KU's Devonté Graham named Big 12 preseason player of the year". kusports.com. Retrieved October 13, 2017.
- Smith, Benton (November 28, 2017). "Devonte' Graham and No. 2 Jayhawks too hot for Toledo". KUSports.com. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- "Graham's 35 carries No. 2 Kansas past Syracuse, 76-60". ESPN. Associated Press. Retrieved January 15, 2018.
- Trotter, Jake (March 13, 2018). "Devonte' Graham unanimous Big 12 Player of the Year over Trae Young". ESPN.com. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- Marks, Brenda (June 22, 2018). "Hornets trade up in NBA draft, select NC native in Kansas' Devonte' Graham". Charlotte Observer. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Bonnell, Rick (July 25, 2018). "There's good news regarding Charlotte Hornets rookie Devonte Graham's knee injury". Charlotte Observer. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Smith, Benton (October 31, 2018). "Devonte' Graham is headed to the G League". 'Hawks in the NBA. Lawrence Journal-World. Retrieved December 5, 2018.