Discovery Channel Russia
|Discovery Channel Russia|
|Owned by||Discovery Networks CEEMEA|
|Broadcast area|| Russia
Discovery Channel Russia is a television channel which broadcasts to Russia and the CIS countries.
In late 2007, Discovery switched to the ABS 1 satellite, meaning it would extend its reach eastwards and be accessible in all of Russia, as well as several countries in Central Asia. Advertising sales started soon thereafter, on December 1, 2007. Discovery's ad sales in Russia are handled by a company called Video International.
Until 2006, Discovery was represented in Russia and the CIS countries by Zone Vision. This partnership ended when Discovery changed their representative to Media Broadcasting Group Limited. MBG is responsible for the distribution of all seven Discovery channels in Russia. Discovery have been contemplating opening an office of their own in Moscow.
- "Discovery Networks подтвердила свое лидертсво на рынке неэфирных каналов в России". Media Online. April 15, 2009.
- "Discovery Channel переходит на спутник LMI / ABS". Media Online. November 12, 2007.
- "Канал Discovery Channel –на новом спутнике". MBG. October 29, 2007.
- "От Discovery к "Дискавери"". Broadcasting. November 12, 2007.
- "Video International and Discovery Networks EMEA Agree To Conclude Contract". Video International. November 6, 2007.
- DISCOVERY NETWORKS EUROPE назначает MBG своим представителем в России и странах СНГ
- Discovery нашел нового продавца
- "Discovery открывает Россию". Media Online. September 23, 2008.
- Discovery Channel from MBG