Don't Be Tardy
|Don't Be Tardy|
|Also known as||Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding (season 1)|
|Opening theme||"Tardy for the Wedding"
by Kim Zolciak (season 1)
"Tardy for the Party"
by Kim Zolciak (season 2–)
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||65 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||20–23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||True Entertainment|
|Original release||April 26, 2012– present|
|Related shows||The Real Housewives of Atlanta|
Don't Be Tardy is an American reality television series that premiered on April 26, 2012, as Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding on Bravo, making it the first spin-off of The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Don't Be Tardy follows the daily lives of Kim Zolciak, her husband, Kroy Biermann, and their family. The first season was titled Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding, which documented the couple as they prepared for their wedding, as well as the wedding day itself. It was announced in November 2012 that the series had been renewed for a second season, with the series being renamed to its current title. Season 2 premiered on April 16, 2013. The second season encompasses Zolciak as she moves on from The Real Housewives of Atlanta, takes care of her family, constructs her dream home, and manages to live out of the townhouse with the couple's growing family.
Kroy met Kim Zolciak in May 2010 while Zolciak was attending the Dancing Stars of Atlanta charity event to support fellow Real Housewives cast member, Sheree Whitfield. Biermann and Zolciak started dating and, just three months later, Zolciak was pregnant. On May 31, 2011, Zolciak gave birth to son Kroy Jagger Biermann Jr. This was Biermann's first child and Kim's first son. The couple wed at their previous Atlanta home on November 11, 2011. On March 20, 2012 Kim announced via Twitter that she and Kroy were expecting their second child together. On August 15, 2012, they welcomed their second son, Kash Kade Biermann. It was announced on June 5, 2013, that the couple is expecting their third child together. It was then announced on August 19, 2013, that the couple was expecting a set of twins; the twins are the couples' third and fourth children - Zolciak's fifth and sixth. Zolciak announced that she gave birth to her twins on November 25, 2013. The girl is named Kaia Rose after "Psychic Rose" - who Kim is seen visiting throughout her time on The Real Housewives - while her boy, Kane Ren, includes Ren after Zolciak's OBGYN who has delivered 5 out of her 6 children.
Bravo announced the third season renewal of Don't Be Tardy in April 2014. Season 3 premiered on July 17, 2014. The third season features Kim and Kroy's two new twins (a boy and a girl), their first two children together (both boys), and their two teenagers (adopted by Kroy but fathered in previous relationships of Kim's). The four younger children are all under the age of four. Kroy dealt with a football injury that temporarily suspended his football career. The family has moved into their completed 17,000 square-foot home and Kim has hired a staff to maintain the estate.
In March 2015, Bravo renewed Don't Be Tardy for a fourth season, which premiered on August 16, 2015 In April 2016, the show was renewed for a fifth season, which premiered on September 14, 2016. In April 2017, the series was renewed for a sixth season, which premiered on October 6, 2017.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||9||April 26, 2012||June 14, 2012|
|2||12||April 16, 2013||June 25, 2013|
|3||13||July 17, 2014||September 21, 2014|
|4||12||August 16, 2015||November 5, 2015|
|5||12||September 14, 2016||December 14, 2016|
|6||TBA||October 6, 2017||TBA|
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 15, 2012). "Bravo's 'Don't Be Tardy For The Wedding' Captures Kim Zolciak And Kroy Biermann's Extravagant Road To The Altar". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 14, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara. "'Don't Be Tardy...' Season 2 Premiere Date Changed to Tuesday, April 16". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- "Hold On to Your Wigs as Bravo Media Greenlights Two New Series and Picks Up Season Two of Kim Zolciak's "Don't Be Tardy..."". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- "'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star Kim Zolciak: Returning With A Spin-Off!". In Touch. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Atlanta Falcons Kroy Biermann wins Dancing Stars of Atlanta". May 19, 2010. Archived from the original on May 23, 2010.
- "Kim Zolciak Met boyfriend Kroy Biermann at 'Dancing Stars of Atlanta' admired his assets". November 10, 2010.
- "Kim Zolciak welcomes a baby boy!". June 1, 2011.
- "Atlanta Housewife Kim Zolciak Tells Us: I'm Pregnant!". Us Weekly. November 22, 2010.
- Hammel, Sara (November 11, 2011). "Kim Zolciak, Kroy Biermann Wed on 11/11/11". People.
- "Kim Zolciak Is Pregnant – Again!". People. March 20, 2012.
- Noble, Melissa (August 16, 2012). "Kim Zolciak Gives Birth to Son, Kash Kade!". Ok! Magazine.
- Takeda, Allison (June 5, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Pregnant With Fifth Child Nine Months After Giving Birth to Son Kash". Us Weekly.
- Mandell, Andrea (August 19, 2013). "'Real Housewives' star Kim Zolciak is expecting twins". USA Today.
- Nessif, Bruna (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Gives Birth to Twins!". E! News.
- "'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star Kim Zolciak Bierrmann Reveals Names Of Newborn Twins: Kaia Rose and Kane Ren". InTouch Weekly. November 25, 2013.
- Messer, Lesley. "'Real Housewives' Kim Zolciak Welcomes Twins". ABC News. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- Rouse, Wade (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Welcomes Her Twins". People Magazine.
- Raftery, Liz (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Gives Birth to Twins". TV Guide.
- Eggenberger, Nicole (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Welcomes Twins, Baby Girl Kaia and Baby Boy Kane, With Husband Kroy Biermann". Us Weekly.
- Ng, Philiana (April 8, 2014). "Bravo Developing Morgan Spurlock, Thom Beers Projects; Orders Real-Time Dating Series". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (June 12, 2014). "'Don't Be Tardy...' Season Three to Premiere Thursday, July 17 on Bravo". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- Gerard, Jeremy (March 30, 2015). "Bravo Media Slates 10 New Series, Including 'Recipe For Deception' – Upfronts" (Press release). Deadline. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Ge, Linda (April 27, 2016). "'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,' 'Vanderpump Rules' Among Bravo Renewals". The Wrap. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "Shows A-Z – Don't Be Tardy". The Futon Critic. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Otterson, Joe (April 27, 2017). "Bravo Renews Five 'Real Housewives' Series, 'Vanderpump Rules,' 12 More Shows". Variety. Retrieved April 27, 2017.