Drew and Mike
|Home station||101 WRIF: The RIFF|
|Recording studio||Ferndale, Michigan|
|Air dates||1991 to May 17, 2013|
Drew and Mike was a weekday morning drive radio show hosted by Drew Lane and Mike Clark on WRIF, 101.1 FM in Ferndale, near Detroit, Michigan. The show was regularly the top rated show in the Detroit market for over 10 years until Lane's departure, easily winning the time slot. The show had one of the highest difference in ratings of other shows in major market radio. Upon his return the show ranked at the top again although not by as dominating a margin.
Lane's leave and return
Lane took a leave of absence from the show in September 2007 in order to care for his girlfriend, Tess, as she battled cancer. While away, Clark and the rest of the crew carried on without Lane.
On April 23, 2008, Lane announced he was leaving the show permanently. As a result, the show name was changed to the Mike in the Morning show, featuring Clark, as the lead disc jockey, with Marc Fellhauer, Mike Wolters, and Trudi Daniels. Jamie Samuelsen was added in October 2008 as the show's sports anchor.
May 3, 2016, Drew and Mike started up their own podcast which will include a rotation of talents and co-hosts to include Fox 2 Detroit's Charlie LeDuff.
- "Jamie Samuelsen Added to Mike in the Morning Show Line-up at WRIF in Detroit". Greater Media. September 4, 2008.
- Whitall, Susan (June 23, 2009). "Drew and Mike to Reunite at WRIF". Detroit News. Retrieved July 8, 2009.
- "Drew Lane is Returning to the Morning Airwaves Here at 101 WRIF". July 13, 2009. Archived from the original on November 22, 2009. Retrieved May 19, 2013.
- "In the studio as 'Drew & Mike' returns". Detroit Free Press. July 13, 2009.
- "WRIF's Drew & Mike to be replaced | News - Home". Clickondetroit.com. May 1, 2013. Retrieved May 9, 2013.