Dubrajpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Type||Reserved for SC|
|Lok Sabha constituency||42. Birbhum|
|Electorate (year)||181,978 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 284, Dubrajpur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (SC) is composed of the following: Dubrajpur municipality, Balijuri, Hetampur, Jashpur, Laxmi Narayanpur, Loba and Paduma gram panchayats of Dubrajpur CD Block, and Khoyrasol CD Block.
In the 2011 elections, Bijoy Bagdi of AIFB defeated his nearest rival Santoshi Saha of Trinamool Congress.
|Forward Bloc||Bijoy Bagdi||75,343||48.27||-13.34|
|BJP||Paltu Pada Dhibar||10,083||6.46|
|Forward Bloc hold||Swing||-36.29#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||2||1|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||2||4|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||0||1|
Note: New constituency – 1, constituencies abolished – 2 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 and 2001 state assembly elections Bhaktipada Ghosh of Forward Bloc won the Dubrajpur assembly seat defeating his nearests Sailen Mahata and Sattick Roy, both of Trinamool Congress respectively. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Bhakti Bhushan Mandal of Forward Bloc won the seat from 1977 to 1996, defeating Arun Kumar Chakraborty of Congress In 1996, Bishnu Charan Ghosh of Congress in 1991, Gourhari Chandra of Congress in 1987, Nitaipada Ghosh of Congress in 1987 and Enayet Karim Choudhury of Congress in 1977.
Sachi Nandan Swami of Congress won in 1972. Manjurul Islam of CPI(M) won in 1971. Bhakti Bhushan Mandal of Forward Bloc won in 1969. K.N.Bandopadhyay, Independent, won in 1967. Bhakti Bhushan Mandal of Forward Bloc won in 1962. Prior to that the Dubrajpur seat was not there.
In independent India’s first election Khayrasole was an assembly seat. It was won by Khagendra Nath Bandopadhyay.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-09-18. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Dubrajpur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Dubrajpur. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Dubrajpur. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "286 - Dubrajpur Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2010-10-01.