Labpur (community development block)
|Community development block|
|• Total||102.25 sq mi (264.82 km2)|
|• Density||1,730/sq mi (668/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||62.09 per cent|
Labpur (community development block) (also spelled Labhpur) (Bengali: লাভপুর সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Bolpur subdivision of Birbhum district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Labhpur and Nanoor police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Labhpur.
Labpur is located at.
As per 2001 census, Labpur block had a total population of 176,803, out of which 90,948 were males and 85,855 were females. Labpur block registered a population growth of 15.15 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Birbhum district was 17.88 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Labpur block had a total literacy of 62.09 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 70.96 per cent female literacy was 52.68 per cent. Birbhum district had a total literacy of 61.48 per cent, male literacy being 70.89 per cent and female literacy being 51.55 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Birbhum district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Birbhum District (8)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Annexure A to the G.O. No.16 (Sanction)-RD/CCA/BRGF/1C-9/2008 dated 12.4.11". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Birbhum District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-10.