Dudley Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|Dudley Township, Hardin County, Ohio|
Shawnee Ford at the Scioto River, a historic site in the township
Location of Dudley Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|• Total||37.37 sq mi (96.78 km2)|
|• Land||37.36 sq mi (96.75 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.04 km2)|
|Elevation||948 ft (289 m)|
|• Density||39/sq mi (14.9/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086259|
Located in the southeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Goshen Township - north
- Grand Township, Marion County - northeast corner
- Montgomery Township, Marion County - east
- Bowling Green Township, Marion County - southeast
- Hale Township - south
- Buck Township - west
- Pleasant Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Dudley township, Hardin County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- Kohler, Minnie Ichler (1910). A Twentieth Century History of Hardin County, Ohio: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Principal Interests,. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 23.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.