Eagle Rock High School
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Eagle Rock High School|
|Eagle Rock, Los Angeles, California|
|School district||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Green, Gray, White
2016 Baseball CIFLACS DIV.II MVP: Carlos Vazquez (RBI Leader, Hits Leader)
2016 Baseball CIFLACS DIV.II 1st TEAM ALL-CITY- Adam Fawal UTL, Andrew Alvarez SS, Carlos Vazquez UTLVarsity Baseball Head Coach:Jeremy Camacho
The school first opened its doors on September 12, 1927.
Central Region High School 13, also known as Taylor Yard and then as Sonia M. Sotomayor Learning Academies, relieved Eagle Rock of overcrowding when the school opened in 2011.
The student body is estimated to be 60% Hispanic, 28% Asian, 9% Non-Hispanic White, 2% Black, 0.4% Pacific Islander/Native American, and 0.04% Mixed Race. US News and World Report estimates that 65% of students are economically disadvantaged. Of these students, 51% are eligible for the free lunch program—capped at a household income of $29,995 for a family of four—while 14% of students are eligible for the reduced lunch program—capped at a household income of $42,643 for a family of four.
- Guy Allison, musician
- Roger Bobo, musician
- Luis Bonilla, musician
- Lisa Ann Cabasa, actor
- Dan Cantore, Olympic weightlifter
- Pimbongkod Chankaew, beauty queen
- Scott Colley, musician
- Bob Hall, car designer and journalist
- Sharon Hirata musician
- Hudson Houck, NFL football coach
- Roger Ingram, musician and author
- Jere H. Lipps, scientist
- Buddy Noonan, TV producer
- Marley Shelton, actor
- Tui St. George Tucker, composer
- Carlos Vega musician
- Lindsay Wagner, actor
- Mark Caguioa, PBA basketball player
- Alex Cabagnot, PBA basketball player
- Robert Totten, television/film director
- Darian Sahanaja, musician
- Eagle Rock High School History & Traditions by Eric Warren S '65
- Central Region HS #13
- "Eagle Rock High School Student Body". US News and World Report. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Income Eligibility Guidelines for Free and Reduced-Price Meals or Free Milk in Child Nutrition Programs". California Department of Education. Retrieved 2 June 2015.