Dudu (footballer, born 1992)
Dudu playing for Palmeiras in 2018
|Full name||Eduardo Pereira Rodrigues|
|Date of birth||7 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Goiânia, Brazil|
|Height||1.66 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Winger, attacking midfielder|
|2010||→ Coritiba (loan)||21||(0)|
|2014||→ Grêmio (loan)||35||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 November 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 25 January 2017
Rodrigues began his career in the youth side for Cruzeiro Esporte Clube and earned on 14 June 2009 his first cap in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A against Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras. On 27 April 2010, Coritiba Foot Ball Club signed the 18-year-old Attacking midfielder on loan from Cruzeiro until December 2010.
Dudu returned to Cruzeiro for the 2011 season. On 25 June in the match against Coritiba Dudu, playing as a substitute, surprised the coach Joel Santana, who said: "Dudu entered really well in the match. He is such a bold boy, intelligent, he doesn't forget the instructions. He is audacious, even being a little guy. It proves that tallness isn't really important for football. Quality, ability and competence are. He showed he is such a competent player, in spite of his young age."
After almost being signed by Corinthians, on 11 January 2015 Dudu joined rival Palmeiras on a four-year contract. While being among the most important players in the squad, Dudu was also criticised by the fans due to his temperamental behavior on the pitch, which included being sent-off during the 2015 Campeonato Paulista finals after hitting the referee. He helped Palmeiras win the 2015 Copa do Brasil, by scoring twice in the final match against Santos. By the start of the 2016 season, the attitude problems were no longer an issue as Dudu took over as club captain following an elbow injury from former captain Fernando Prass. He then led the team to another title, the 2016 Campeonato Brasileiro, the ninth in the club's history. Known for his passionate demeanor towards Palmeiras, Dudu became a fan favorite and has been always among the top goalscorers and playmakers of the team since his arrival.
In March 2018, he extended his contract until 2022. After the arrival of Roger Machado as the new head coach, Dudu was no longer wearing the armband for the team, while still being a regular starter on the left side of the attack.
On 28 October 2011, while playing for Dynamo, Dudu was called up to the senior team by manager Mano Menezes for friendlies against Gabon and Egypt. He made his national debut against Gabon on 10 November.
- As of match played 30 November 2018.
|Dynamo Kyiv||2011–12||Premier League||4||1||1||1||1||0||0||0||6||2|
|Brazil national team|
- Bola de Ouro: 2018
- Bola de Prata: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Team of the Year: 2016, 2018
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A top assist provider: 2016
- Campeonato Paulista Team of the year: 2018, 2019
- Meia Dudu deve ser emprestado pelo Cruzeiro ao Coritiba
- Dirigente do Cruzeiro confirma ida de Dudu para o Coritiba
- Garoto Dudu ganha moral com Joel
- Veja como foi a entrevista coletiva do meia Dudu, de saída para a Ucrânia Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine (in Portuguese)
- "Grêmio oficializa contratação de Dudu". Portal Oficial do Grêmio. Archived from the original on 2015-06-06. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- "Corinthians vence disputa com rivais e encaminha acordo com atacante Dudu". globoesporte.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2018-09-10.
- "Verdão acerta contratação do atacante Dudu; exames serão feitos nesta segunda". Palmeiras. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Dudu é relatado em súmula por agressão em árbitro". Folha de S.Paulo. Retrieved 2018-09-10.
- "Dudu renova contrato com Palmeiras até o final de 2022". Globoesporte (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2018-09-10.
- "Dudu earns first Brazil call-up". Dynamo Kyiv. 28 October 2011. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- "Dudu". Dynamo Kyiv. Retrieved 18 November 2018.
- "Dudu statistics". Soccerway.
- "Gabriel Jesus wins Bola de Prata award for best player in the Brasileirao". Sambafoot.
- "Bola de Prata: veja como ficou a seleção do Campeonato Brasileiro 2019" (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 9 December 2019. Retrieved 9 December 2019.
- "Palmeiras tem oito na seleção do Brasileirão, Gabriel Jesus é o craque". sportv.com (in Portuguese).
- "Com domínio do Palmeiras, Seleção é premiada recheada de finalistas" [With prevalence of Palmeiras, Best XI is awarded full of finalists] (in Portuguese). Federação Paulista de Futebol. 9 April 2018. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Corinthians, Jean Mota e Martinelli dominam premiação do campeonato" [Corinthians, Jean Mota and Martinelli dominate the tournament's awards] (in Portuguese). Federação Paulista de Futebol. 22 April 2019. Retrieved 23 April 2019.