Supercopa do Brasil
|Number of teams||2|
|Most successful club(s)|| Grêmio
(1 title each)
The Supercopa do Brasil was a Brazilian association football trophy organized by the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF). It was contested between the champions of the Campeonato Brasileiro and the winners of the Copa do Brasil, similarly to the English FA Community Shield and other domestic competitions across the world.
The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) announced in 2013 a new edition of the competition was to be played in 2015.
List of champions
|Vasco da Gama|
An unofficial competition was played in 1992, between the champions of the Série A and of the Série B, as both championships were played in the first six months of the year. The game was played on August 12 between Flamengo (champion of the Série A) and Paraná (champion of the Série B). The game ended in a 2-2 draw, and in the penalty shootout, Flamengo beat the opponent 4-3. While RSSSF regards the competition as some form of Supercopa do Brasil, in Brazil the competition was popularly known as Taça Brahma dos Campeões. Differently from the 1990 and 1991 editions, which were official CBF competitions, the 1992 edition was a friendly cup.
- "CBF dá como certa a Supercopa do Brasil em 2015; falta definir detalhes" (in Portuguese). Lance!. November 6, 2013. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "Grêmio" (in Portuguese). FIFA. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "Supercopa do Brasil". RSSSF. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "Supercopa do Brasil". Jornal do Brasil (in Portuguese). January 27, 1991. p. first section, page 28.
- "Supercopa do Brasil". Jornal do Brasil (in Portuguese). January 28, 1991. p. first section, page 16.
- "Super Cup Finals". RSSSF. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "Supercopa do Brasil". Jornal do Brasil (in Portuguese). August 12, 1992 and August 14, 1992. pp. 19 (JB News Archive page 86) and page 16 (JB News Archive page 220). Check date values in: