Rural Municipality of Elcapo No. 154
|Elcapo No. 154, Saskatchewan|
|Rural Municipality||December 12, 1910|
|• Total||846.54 km2 (326.85 sq mi)|
|• Density||0.6/km2 (2/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC-6)|
Elcapo No. 154, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality of 489 rural residents (2006 census) in the southeastern part of Saskatchewan, Canada. The residents of this area also belong to SARM Division No. 1 and Census Division No. 5, Saskatchewan. The RM was incorporated December 12, 1910. There are no localities included in the RM. Broadview, Grenfell, and Oakshela are urban areas near this RM. The Coteau Hills taper off to agricultural plains. The Bigmouth buffalo (Ictiobus cyprinellus) is a species of special concern to environmentalists in this area.
A rural municipality is an administrative district consisting of an elected reeve, councilors, and an administrator who provide essential services within their area.
A person could work for the municipality and have his earnings put toward the taxes on his land; at one time, money collected in each Division stayed in that Division....The RM has as its responsibilities for many areas: agricultural programs and concerns in general; tax collections for needs of the municipality - road construction and maintenance; protective services - pest control, fire protection, weed control, environmental development, cultural and educational services; medical and veterinary needs and so forth.— Tecumseh No. 65
The following communities are within the municipalities border.
- "MRD Municipal Status Information", Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Government of Saskatchewan, archived from the original on 2008-03-25, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "4705028 - Elcapo No. 154, geographical codes and localities, 2006", Statistics Canada, Government of Canada, retrieved 2007-12-29
- Saskatchewan Genealogy Association, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "Wheatlands No. 163", Sask biz, Government of Saskatchewan, retrieved 2007-12-29
- "Saskatchewan Conservation Data Centre - Conservation Database". Saskatchewan Conservation Data Centre. 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- Sask Biz, Government of Saskatchewan (2004), Tecumseh No. 65, retrieved 2007-12-27
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- "Elcapo No. 154, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America". World Index. Rumbletum.org. 2004. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- "MRD Rural Municipality (RM) Boundary maps", Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Government of Saskatchewan, archived from the original on 2007-12-08, retrieved 2007-12-29
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority - SREDA
- Saskatchewan, Canada, Rand McNally 1924 Indexed Pocket Map Tourists' and Shippers' Guide
- GeoNames Query
- Post Offices and Postmasters - ArchiviaNet - Library and Archives Canada
- Saskatchewan Gen Web - One Room School Project
- Canadian Maps: January 1925 Waghorn's Guide. Post Offices in Man. Sask. Alta. and West Ontario.
- Saskatoon Gen Web
||Grayson No. 184|
|Wolseley No. 155||Willowdale No. 153|
|Kingsley No. 124|
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|