Rural Municipality of Kingsley No. 124
Kingsley No. 124
Location within Saskatchewan
|Federal riding||Souris—Moose Mountain|
|Established||December 12, 1910|
|• Reeve||Gordon Sproat|
|• Office location||Kipling|
Kingsley No. 124 (2006 Population 439) is a rural municipality in south-eastern Saskatchewan, Canada encompassing 844.61 square kilometers in area. The rural municipality maintains its office in Kipling, Saskatchewan. The rural municipality, in conjunction with the provincial government, is in charge of the maintenance of highways in its area. As well as this, the municipality provides policing, fire protection and municipal governance for the rural district, with a reeve as its administrator.
|Canada census – Rural Municipality of Kingsley No. 124 community profile|
|Population:||439 (-10.6% from 2001)|
|Land area:||844.61 km2 (326.11 sq mi)|
|Population density:||0.5/km2 (1.3/sq mi)|
|Median age:||45.4 (M: 47.3, F: 44.2)|
|Total private dwellings:||195|
|Median household income:||$43,499|
|References: 2006 earlier|
Communities and localities
The following urban municipalities are surrounded by the Rural Municipality:
The following hamlets are located within the Rural Municipality:
There are three historical buildings located within the rural municipality:
- Coronation Community Cairn - This commemorative monument built in 1978 recognizes the early pioneers in the region who helped build the one-room Coronation School in 1913. The monument is located nine kilometers northeast of Windthorst.
- Highland Baptist Church (previously called the Swedish Baptist Church) - This church was constructed in 1924 by early Swedish immigrants. Regular services were held from 1924 until 1970. The church still holds the occasional special service or event. The church also has a cemetery on the property. The building is located twelve kilometers north of the Town of Kipling.
- Poplar Grove United Church - This church was constructed in 1902, and is located ten kilometers southeast of the Town of Broadview. The church is constructed of field stone and has nine stained-glass windows. Regular services were held from 1902 until 1970. The cemetery dates back to 1887. Today the site is used for public events and the occasional special service.
- Zion Lutheran Church - This country church was constructed in 1926, and is located eight kilometers north of Windthorst.
Kipling Airport is located within the rural municipality.
- Government of Saskatchewan. "Municipal Directory System". Retrieved 2019-05-28.
- Saskatchewan Municipal Database
- Sask Biz
- "2006 Community Profiles". 2006 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "2001 Community Profiles". 2001 Canadian Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- Cornation Monument
- Highland Baptist Church
- Poplar Grove United Church
- Zion Lutheran Church
|This Saskatchewan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|