École pour l'informatique et les nouvelles technologies (EPITECH)
|Motto||The school of expertise in computer science|
|Type||Private institution of higher education in general Computer Science|
|IONIS Education Group|
Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, Bordeaux, Rennes, Marseille, Lille, Lyon, Montpellier, Nancy, Nantes, Nice, Strasbourg, Toulouse, Saint-André, Réunion, Barcelona, Tirana, Berlin, Brussels,
The Paris Graduate School of Digital Innovation (French: École pour l'informatique et les nouvelles technologies, or EPITECH), formerly European Institute of Information Technology in English is a private institution of higher education in general computer science that was founded in 1999.
Headquartered in Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, south of Paris, the school has campuses in Bordeaux, Rennes, Marseille, Lille, Lyon, Montpellier, Nancy, Nantes, Nice, Strasbourg, Toulouse and Saint-André, Réunion. The school also has locations in Barcelona (Spain), Tirana (Albania), Berlin (Germany), and Brussels (Belgium).
The school has the particularity to teach with practical cases instead of theoretical.. Epitech has also an Executive MBA in IT and entrepreneurship course targeting executive managers in computer science.
The institution is part of IONIS Education Group.
Epitech was created in 1999, taking advantage of the keen interest of the École Pour l'Informatique et les Techniques Avancées EPITA to train students with a specific interest for computer sciences related matter only.
In 2007, Epitech opened new campuses in Casablanca, Dalian, Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon, Nantes, Strasbourg and Toulouse. Since January 2008, the degree delivered has been recognized by the Commission nationale de la certification professionnelle, as level 1. In 2008, the campuses of Nice, Montpellier, Nancy, Marseille and Rennes were opened.
New campuses abroad
In early 2013, Epitech announced it would open a campus in Beijing, China in September 2013 and further international branches in California, United Kingdom and Spain by September 2014.[needs update]
EPITECH has partnered with the Zup de Co association to create the Web@cademie, a 2-year training completely free for students without the French Baccalaureate and with a strong motivation in computer science. This course has the goal to attain a job of software developer for young people who have stopped their regular studies. They are trained by EPITECH teachers at Le Kremlin-Bicêtre and in Lyon.
- Solomon Hykes (2006), CEO of Docker, Inc.;
- Michael Ourabah (2006), CEO of BSO Network ; BSO is the Market Leading global telecom infrastructure service provider for the Capital Markets and Finance ecosystem. They own and operate a global network spanning over 330+ Datacenters in more than 50 countries. It operates an OTN Layer 1 network, an SDN layer 2 network, an IP/MPLS layer 3 network and ULTRA LOW LATENCY RF networks serving major Liquidity Venues where Stock Exchange matching engines are located. This network is at the heart of all financial transactions happening daily 24/7.
- Epitech-Transforming computer science passion into expertise
- (in French) EPITECH Paris — Ecole pour l’informatique et les nouvelles technologies
- (in French) EPITECH: l’Ecole de l'Expertise Informatique
- (in French) Epitech: des stages en entreprise de 3 jours par semaine
- (in Spanish)EPITECH : escuela superior de informática
- (in German)
- (in French)
- (in French) Informatique et Internet: nouveaux profils recherchés
- (in French)Executive MBA EPITECH
- "Arrêté du 16 janvier 2008 portant enregistrement au répertoire national des certifications professionnelles" (in French). France: [Legifrance.gouv.fr]. 24 January 2008. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- Le Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles (RNCP) - Résumé descriptif de la certification
- "Le groupe d'enseignement privé Ionis s'ancre à l'international". 15 February 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- (in French) La Web Académie accueille sa troisième promotion d’élèves « décrocheurs »
- (in French) Une école unique en France: la "web académie"
- (in French) L'école qui reconnecte les décrocheurs
- (in French) La Web@cademie ouvrira ses portes à Lyon en avril 2013 Archived 2014-02-17 at the Wayback Machine
- (in French)Solomon Hykes (Docker) : ce Français qui pourrait révolutionner l'informatique mondiale
- Official website (in English) (in French)