Everybody (Tanel Padar and Dave Benton song)
|Eurovision Song Contest 2001 entry|
|◄ "Once in a Lifetime" (2000)|
|"Runaway" (2002) ►|
"Everybody" was the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2001, performed in English by Tanel Padar, Dave Benton and 2XL, representing Estonia. The song was performed twentieth on the night, following Germany's Michelle with "Wer Liebe lebt" and preceding Malta's Fabrizio Faniello with "Another Summer Night". At the close of voting, it had received 198 points, with the win coming at the head of a 23-song field.
Estonia was the first Former Soviet Union country to win the Contest, with the second and third following shortly thereafter. Tanel had previously provided backing vocals for Estonia's 2000 entry, sung by Eda-Ines Etti, his then girlfriend.
Lyrically, the song is simply an invitation to party, with the duo singing that "every night's a Friday night". The song is famous for two major reasons. The first of these is that Benton is the oldest contestant to win the grand prize. The second is that he is the first black contestant to do so. Maarja-Liis Ilus has recorded a cover version.
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||3|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||14|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||99|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||64|
"Fly on the Wings of Love" by Olsen Brothers
| Eurovision Song Contest winners
"I Wanna" by Marie N
- "Ultratop.be – Tanel Padar & Dave Benton – Everybody" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Ultratop.be – Tanel Padar & Dave Benton – Everybody" (in French). Ultratip.
- "Musicline.de – Tanel Padar & Dave Benton Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Tanel Padar & Dave Benton – Everybody" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Tanel Padar & Dave Benton – Everybody". Singles Top 100.
|This Estonia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|