|Born||3 October 1949|
|Alma mater||The Conservatory of Ramat Gan|
|Occupation||Pop singer and composer|
|Spouse(s)||Shira Manor; 5 children|
Henrik Zvi ("Tzvika") Pick was born in Wrocław, Poland. He studied music at the Conservatoire of Ramat Gan and started to perform at age 15. Pick was married to Israeli songwriter Mirit Shem-Or. Shem-Or wrote the lyrics for many of Pick's hits, including Mary Lou, which was about herself. They are divorced but continue to collaborate artistically. They have three children. Two of Pick's daughters have performed duos as the Pick Sisters. One of Pick's daughters, Daniella Pick, is married to director Quentin Tarantino.
Pick was one of Israel's leading pop singers in the 1970s, during which he was voted "Israeli male singer of the Year." He played a lead part in the Hebrew version of the musical Hair in the early 1970s.
In 1998 Pick wrote the song Diva with lyricist Yoav Ginai and performed by Dana International, which won the Eurovision Song Contest. He also wrote songs for several other Eurovision contestants. In 2002 he reunited with Ginai to write the Light a Candle for Sarit Hadad, who represented Israel in Eurovision 2002. That year, Habima Theater staged a musical called Mary Lou based on Pick's old hits. In 2009 this musical was made into the television series Tamid oto halom or Mary Lou, directed by Eytan Fox.
In 2003 he composed the song Hasta la vista with Shem-Or, to whom he was married at the time, for Oleksandr Ponomaryov, Ukrainian entrant in Eurovision 2003. He also wrote a song for the Belarusian contestant of Eurovision 2005 Angelica Agurbash, but she later decided on a different one, acknowledging Pick for his effort. He competed seven times in the Israeli preselection for the Eurovision Song Contest. In 2010, he composed an entry for Harel Skaat for Israel, and for Sopho Nizharadze for Georgia. He was one of the judges of the TV talent show, Kokhav Nolad ("A Star is Born").
Eurovision Song Contest entries
- "Diva" by Dana International, Israel, (Eurovision Song Contest 1998), 1st place
- "Light a Candle" by Sarit Hadad, Israel, (Eurovision Song Contest 2002), 12th place
- "Hasta la Vista" by Oleksandr Ponomaryov, Ukraine, (Eurovision Song Contest 2003), 14th place
Entries in national Eurovision pre-selections
- "Artik kartiv" by Tzvika Pick (Israel 1993), 7th Place
- "Moonlight" by Tzvika Pick (Israel 2005), 3rd Place
- "Lifney She Nifradim" by Tzvika Pick (Israel 2006), 4th place
- "Sing My Song" by Sopho Nizharadze, (Georgia 2010)
- קוטנר, יואב. "צביקה פיק". MOOMA (in Hebrew). Archived from the original on 2017-11-10.
- Michallon, Clemence (November 29, 2018). "Quentin Tarantino marries Daniella Pick in Los Angeles". The Independent. Retrieved November 30, 2018.
- CD Baby: ORIGINAL ISRAELI CAST: Hair – In Hebrew Archived 2009-02-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Pick of the pops raises roof
| Eurovision Song Contest winning composers