Fazlur Rahman Babu
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Fazlur Rahman Babu|
|Native name||ফজলুর রহমান বাবু|
Fazlur Rahman Babu is a Bangladeshi actor and singer. He won Bangladesh National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor twice for his roles in the films Shonkhonaad (2004) and Meyeti Ekhon Kothay Jabe (2016).
Acting and banking
Babu started his acting career in 1978 when he joined the theatre group Baishakhi Natya Ghosthi in Faridpur. That same year, Babu acted for first time in a national drama festival. Meanwhile, he joined the Agrani Bank and, in 1983, transferred his banking job to Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, where he also joined Mamunur Rashid's Aranyak Natyadal theatre group. Some of his performances in this theatre group include Nankar Pala, Pathar and Moyur Shinghashan.
He started his television acting career in the soap opera Mrittu Khuda (1991), produced[clarification needed] by Abu Zafar Siddiqui, on Bangladesh Television (BTV). However, it was his role of Poran Majhi television drama Itikatha (1991), written by Rashid, that secured him further roles in dramas such as Shundari and Danab. Babu also acted with Bengali film Daruchini Dip directed by Toukir Ahmed while Humayun Ahmed was story, dialogue and scriptwriter.
Babu has become popular for his humorous characters but his early career in stage dramas like Danab and Jay Jayanti was in serious roles.
Babu continued to work for television and theatre simultaneously until 2000 when he stopped theatre work as television took nearly twenty-five days per month. Babu made his theatrical film début with Abdullah al Mamun's[clarification needed] Bihanga between 2000 and 2001[clarification needed].
- Bihanga (2000)
- Shankhonaad (2004), National Film Award, best supporting actor
- Aha! (2007)
- Daruchini Dip (2007)
- Made in Bangladesh (2007)
- On the Wings of Dreams (Swopnodanay) (2007)
- Beyond the Circle (Britter Baire) (2009)
- Monpura (2009)
- The Unnamed (2016)
- Gohin Baluchor (2017)
- Haldaa (2017)
- "National Film Award winners announced". The Daily Star. 2018-04-06. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- Shazu, Shah Alam (12 October 2012). "Name and fame: In conversation with Fazlur Rahman Babu". The Daily Star.
- "Momena Chowdhury's three decades in acting". The New Nation. 31 March 2016.
- Waheed, Karim (August 15, 2008). "Monpura — Rustic Soul Wrapped in Urban Sensitivity". The Daily Star. Accessed December 17, 2009.
- বাবু ও চঞ্চলের মনচোর (Monchor by Babu and Chonchol) - The Daily Sangbad, 3 July 2009
- "Abdullah Al Mamun birth anniversary celebration ends". The Daily Star. 19 July 2009.
- "National Film Awards for the last fours years announced". The Daily Star. 1 September 2008.
- "Aha! to represent Bangladesh at the Oscars". The Daily Star. 13 September 2008.
- "Daruchini Dwip on Channel-i today". The Daily Star. 31 August 2007.
- "Britter Baire goes to Oscar". The New Nation. 30 September 2009 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (help)).