Reyes in 2013
|No. 9 – Real Madrid|
16 March 1980 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||260 lb (118 kg)|
|NBA draft||2002 / Undrafted|
|1998–1999||Estudiantes B (Spain)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Felipe Reyes Cabanas (born 16 March 1980) is a Spanish professional basketball player who plays and captains Real Madrid. Standing at 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m), he plays at the power forward position. His older brother Alfonso is also a former professional basketball player.
Reyes began his professional career with Estudiantes Madrid during the 1998–99 season, when he also played with Estudiantes B in the EBA League. He moved to Real Madrid before the 2004–05 season. In May 2015, he was chosen to the All-Euroleague First Team for the performances he put over the season and he was also named the ACB Most Valuable Player of the season, for the second time in his career.
In 2014–15 season, Real Madrid won the Euroleague, after defeating Olympiacos with 78–59 in the final game. Real Madrid eventually finished the season winning the Spanish League championship, after 3–0 score in the final series against Barcelona. With that trophy, they have won the triple crown.
On 27 June 2015 he signed a two-year extension with Real Madrid.
Spanish national team
Reyes has played with the senior Spanish national basketball team. With Spain's national team, he has won the following medals: the gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship, the bronze medal at the EuroBasket 2001, the silver medal at the EuroBasket 2003, the silver medal at the EuroBasket 2007, the silver medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics, the gold medal at the EuroBasket 2009, the gold medal at the EuroBasket 2011 and the silver medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|†||Denotes seasons in which Reyes won the Euroleague|
Awards and accomplishments
- 5x Liga ACB champion: (2005, 2007, 2013, 2015, 2016)
- 5x Copa del Rey champion: (2000, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- 3x Supercopa de España champion: (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Eurocup champion: (2007)
- Euroleague champion: (2015)
- FIBA Intercontinental Cup champion: (2015)
Spanish national team
- 1998 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship: Gold
- 1999 FIBA Under-19 World Championship : Gold
- 2000 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship: Bronze
- EuroBasket 2001: Bronze
- EuroBasket 2003: Silver
- 2006 FIBA World Championship: Gold
- EuroBasket 2007: Silver
- 2008 Summer Olympics: Silver
- EuroBasket 2009: Gold
- EuroBasket 2011: Gold
- 2012 Summer Olympics: Silver
- EuroBasket 2015: Gold
- "All-Euroleague First and Second Teams announced". euroleague.net. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Felipe Reyes, MVP Orange de la Liga Endesa 2014-15" (in Spanish). ACB.com. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Real Madrid is Euroleague champion for record ninth time!". euroleague.net. 17 May 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Real Madrid make it 4 out of 4". marca.com (in Spanish). 24 June 2015. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "Comunicado Oficial: Felipe Reyes". realmadrid.com (in Spanish). 27 June 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- Felipe Reyes at acb.com (Spanish)
- Felipe Reyes at draftexpress.com
- Felipe Reyes at eurobasket.com
- Felipe Reyes at euroleague.net
- Felipe Reyes at fiba.com