Flying Phantom Ship
- See also Flying Phantom.
|Flying Phantom Ship|
|Directed by||Hiroshi Ikeda|
|Written by||Shotaro Ishinomori (creator)|
|Produced by||Hiroshi Okawa|
|Music by||Kosuke Onozaki|
|Distributed by||Toei Company, Ltd.|
Flying Phantom Ship (空飛ぶゆうれい船, Soratobu Yūreisen) is a 1969 anime feature film directed by Hiroshi Ikeda and produced by Toei Animation. It was one of the first anime films to be dubbed into Russian and shown in Soviet cinema theaters. The animation and design work on the giant robot was done by the then-largely-unknown Hayao Miyazaki.
Hayato's home city is under attack from a gigantic robot. His parents are lying dead in the rubble and the only remaining friend is his dog. His only thought now is revenge against the owner of the Phantom Ship (from where the robot said he was sent).
He ends up in the house of Kuroshio, the leader of the fight against the Phantom Ship and the most important person in the city. By complete accident, Hayato finds his way to an underground passageway where he realizes that the true nature of events does not mesh with what Kuroshio has told him.
His life is now in great danger, and only he can stop the plans of the evildoers.
- Hayato Arashiyama Voiced by: Masako Nozawa
- Technician Arashiyama Voiced by: Akira Nagoya
- Mr. Kuroshio Voiced by: Akio Tanaka
- Mrs. Kuroshio Voiced by: Kyoko Satomi
- Minister of Defense Haniwa Voiced by: Kosei Tomita
- Ruriko Voiced by: Yukiko Okada
- Captain Phantom Voiced by: Goro Naya
- Hayao Miyazaki (key animator & concept artist)
- Hiroshi Ikeda (director, screenplay)
- Yōichi Kotabe (chief animator)
- Shotaro Ishinomori (creator)
- Hiroshi Okawa (producer)
- Masaki Tsuji (screenplay)
- Kosuke Onozaki (music)
- Isamu Tsuchida (art director)
- Yoshifumi Hatano (planner)
- Official page
- Soratobu Yūreisen at IMDb
- Soratobu Yūreisen (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia