Franklin High School (Los Angeles)
|Benjamin Franklin High School|
820 North Avenue 54
|Motto||Once A Panther Always A Panther|
|Color(s)||Blue and buff|
|Athletics conference||Northern League|
CIF Los Angeles City Section
|Rival||Eagle Rock High School|
Benjamin Franklin High School (FHS) is a public high school in the Highland Park neighborhood, approximately seven miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles, California, United States. It is part of the Los Angeles Unified School District.
First established in 1916 with an enrollment of 225 students, the school currently educates approximately 2,600 students.
- Lee Baca, 1960 graduate, sheriff of Los Angeles County, 1998-2016
- Rocky Delgadillo, politician, former City Attorney of Los Angeles
- Daryl F. Gates, 1944 graduate, Los Angeles police chief, 1978-1992
- Mike Hernandez, former Los Angeles, California City Councilman
- Allen Jacobs, 1960 graduate, National Football League player, fullback and halfback. Played for Green Bay Packers under Vince.
- Leno LaBianca, Manson murders victim
- Sammy Lee, Olympic diver
- Ron Lopez, football player
- Dick Moje, National Football League player, defensive end
- Louis R. Nowell (1915-2000), Los Angeles City Council member, 1963-77
- Lefty Phillips, second manager of baseball's California Angels
- Bobby Riggs, member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame
- Franklin E. Roach (1905-1993), 1923 graduate, astronomer, professor, ufologist, and a father of aeronomy
- Gene Roddenberry (1921-1991), 1939 graduate, television screenwriter and creator of Star Trek: The Original Series
- Bui Simon, former Miss Universe and Miss Thailand 1988
- Jean Spangler, 1941, actress disappeared under mysterious circumstances in 1949
- Richard "Humpty" Vission, 1987, Grammy-nominated producer and KPWR Power 106 FM DJ
- "Benjamin Franklin Senior High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- The Early Years
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2012-09-22.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
- Woo, Elaine; Eric Malnic (April 16, 2010). "Daryl F. Gates dies at 83; innovative but controversial chief of the LAPD". Los Angeles Times.
- "Dick Moje". database Football.com. Archived from the original on May 30, 2012. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Los Angeles Public Library reference file
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Franklin High School (Los Angeles).|