Liberty High School (Frisco, Texas)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Liberty High School|
15250 Rolater Road
|School type||Public high school|
|Motto||Work Hard, Be Nice|
|School district||Frisco Independent School District|
|Principal||Ashley Rainwater |
Red, black and silver
|Athletics conference||UIL Class 5A|
|Rival||Centennial High School|
|Website||Liberty High School website|
Liberty High School is a public high school located in the city of Frisco, Texas, United States. It is classified as a 5A school by the UIL. It is a part of the Frisco Independent School District located in east central Collin County, and is currently one of ten high schools in the district. The school initially opened in 2006 in what is now Fowler Middle School and the following year opened in its own building on Rolater Road. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency. It has a rivalry with Centennial High School, which the students refer to as the "Rolater Rumble”
The Liberty Redhawks compete in the following sports:
- Cross Country
- Track and Field
- Swimming and Diving
Liberty's speech and debate team has won district, regional, and state titles in Lincoln-Douglas Debate, Policy (CX) Debate, and Informative and Persuasive Extemporaneous Speaking, including UIL CX state qualifications in 2017 and 2018, as well as winning the 2018 5A State Championship title in Lincoln-Douglas Debate. Although occasionally participating in National Speech and Debate Association competitions, the team primarily competes in UIL.
Language courses offered include Spanish and French. American Sign Language is offered in cooperation with nearby CHS. German was once offered in cooperation with nearby CHS/HHS, but was discontinued in 2012.
Since opening in 2006, Liberty has excelled at the United States Academic Decathlon. At state level, for the years of 06-07 and 07-08, the team won second place in the 3A division. In the 08-09 year, Liberty won state championship in the 4A division. During the 11-12 competition, it placed second in the regional round as well as 9th in the state round at San Antonio, Texas.
- Sasha Lane (Class of 2014) - actress, American Honey
- Jay Ajayi (Class of 2011) - running back for the Philadelphia Eagles
- Keaton Parks (Class of 2015) - professional soccer player for Benfica, member 2018 US Men's National Soccer Team
- "Liberty High School Profile" (PDF). Frisco Independent School District. Archived from the original (pdf) on 2011-05-16.
- "LIBERTY H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 27, 2019.
- "2015 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- Wingspan[full citation needed]
- CSPA[full citation needed]
- The Athletics Department[full citation needed]
- "Debate to state". Liberty Wingspan.
- "Senior captures UIL state title". Liberty Wingspan.
- Band[full citation needed]
- Orchestra Archived 2009-09-05 at the Wayback Machine[full citation needed]
- Dance Team[full citation needed]
- Marching Band[full citation needed]